Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My nav, audio, interior lights and remote lock stopped working. I thought it was a fuse and checked the fuses but all were fine. Called SOA and they have no idea. Instead of going to a Subaru dealer or repair shop, want to know if anyone has any idea what the problem is and if it's a simple fix.

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
anyone has any idea what the problem is and if it's a simple fix.
Check fuse #34 in the engine compartment fuse box. Use a multimeter to check continuity, and that it has voltage at both ends.

It's listed as

34 10A . Back-up (body control unit)

on page 12-13 of your 2011 Owners Manual.

This fuse powers:

Body integrated unit
Clock
Audio
Navigation unit
Luggage room light
Door step light LH
Door step light RH
Trunk room light
Spot map light
Room light
Vanity mirror light LH
Vanity mirror light RH
TPMS & keyless entry CM
Puddle light LH
Puddle light RH
Rearview mirror (with rearview display)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That fuse was blown, however, every time I tried to replace, it would blow the fuse. Can you advise? Thanks, KG.

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
Thanks. That fuse was blown, however, every time I tried to replace, it would blow the fuse. Can you advise? Thanks, KG.
Unfortunately, there's a lot of possibilities.

However, does the car have the puddle lights (under the rocker panels), and was it part of the related recall?

There was a problem with the puddle lights shorting and, as in your case, disabling a lot of functions, including the important keyless entry. A recall was announced in 2013; affected cars would have a fuse installed in the wiring to the lights. With that, if the lights short, that fuse would blow, instead of fuse #34, leaving all the other functions operational.

The recall was WQE-41. Related documents can be found with a Google search for: Subaru WQE-41 .

Otherwise, it will require troubleshooting by looking for faults in each of the circuits the fuse goes to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts