Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, new to the Subaru crowd. I just bought a 2011 Outback a few months ago and love it. I recently got gas at a gas station that I usually don't stop at, and within a few miles the car started running rough and the CEL, brake light, and traction control lights all came on. I scanned it and was getting a misfire on 4,5, and 6. I put injector cleaner in, cleared the codes, and it seemed to clear up. When I got it home it came on again, this time cylinders 2 and 4. I was thinking maybe a can of Seafoam might help. It doesn't have any other codes and it ran like a top before I filled the tank. I also found out that the gas station had been flooded a few months ago so I was assuming there was water in the tank. Any other ideas? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hey everyone, new to the Subaru crowd. I just bought a 2011 Outback a few months ago and love it. I recently got gas at a gas station that I usually don't stop at, and within a few miles the car started running rough and the CEL, brake light, and traction control lights all came on. I scanned it and was getting a misfire on 4,5, and 6. I put injector cleaner in, cleared the codes, and it seemed to clear up. When I got it home it came on again, this time cylinders 2 and 4. I was thinking maybe a can of Seafoam might help. It doesn't have any other codes and it ran like a top before I filled the tank. I also found out that the gas station had been flooded a few months ago so I was assuming there was water in the tank. Any other ideas? Thanks in advance.
If it got water in the gas, you’ll probably need some dry gas additive. Misfire could mean lots of things, but you could try new plugs. The coil would be the next thing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts