Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I brake the sliding interior moonroof cover closes by itself. When fully open there's no feeling of friction to keep it in place, even with some extra pressure. When it's closed it stays closed, but it won't stay open.

Any ideas? I searched and found nothing, but maybe someone has a fix so I can avoid wasting time at the dealership. I'm open to any idea that doesn't involve duct tape or bailing wire.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Does it open when the glass slides back into the roof? Does it stay open with the glass open? If not, something is broken or missing.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it open when the glass slides back into the roof? Does it stay open with the glass open? If not, something is broken or missing.
The interface between the cover and the glass is normal. It slides with the glass and doesn't slide when the glass is open. The problem is just that the cover won't stay open when the glass is closed. I just called my dealer's service department and they have no idea what's going on, or how to fix it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
bigwally
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing