Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to ask you to see if you can help me , or refer me to someone who can answer the following question.

Make Subaru
Model Outback Premium (2.5 litre petrol engine, auto CVT transmission)
Build Date November 2010
Model Year MY11
VIN JF2BR9K95BG021600
Applied Model BR9BKK9
HU Model # PE315R6 (Bluetooth controls on steering wheel, with AUX headphone jack in centre console) (*image of similar HU below)

Fault
The fault I have is that my is that the HU will only hold on one present station. If I select any other preset station on the FM band, it will only hold on that station for approximately 45 seconds and then go into 'TP SEEK' mode.

I understand that TSB # ST.15.01.12R is for a 2012 Outback with a SAT NAV HU, but just wondering if this TSB works in a 2011 model fitted with a PE315R6 HU???? or if you have any other suggested fixes for this HU.

I am struggling with money and trying to fix this without purchasing a new or replacement HU.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
TP stands for 'traffic program', so when it says TP seek, it is searching for a radio station that broadcasts traffic information.

On this model Subaru Outback, there is a button that says TI/NEWS (the middle one on the RH side). Pressing this (without holding it down) will toggle the TI indicator on the screen. When the TI indicator is lit up it will regularly go into TP seek mode. So you need to press this button so that the TI indicator is off.

I hope this helps as it also caused me some frustration until I worked all of this out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts