Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's 11 Outback 2.5 Limited CVT has 35,000 miles on it. Lifetime fuel economy average is 32.1mpg.

I want to have some body issues addressed before the 36k mile warranty expires. (and a couple powertrain things while I'm there)

Passenger seatbelt (receiver, between seat and console) squeaks sometimes

Drivers Power window stop may need adjustment. Sometimes it goes up properly, other times it seems as the window wants to go right on through the top of the frame. it is noticeably inconsistent. I haven't tested the safety stop feature - I'm afraid if it didn't work I'd bend the window frame or break the glass. I'll let the dealer do it.

High pitched Fuel pump whine - might just be "old age" but I'd like their opinion.

Update CVT programming - climbing steep hill at low speed (parking garage) it can't decide what to do.

And I guess I'll do that emissions recall. Seems nearly all firsthand accounts say it doesn't hurt anything.

That's all I can think of, but I'd like to hear what others are having done - maybe her car has some other issue that I haven't noticed.

We've been very happy with the car since buying it in July 2011. The gas mileage has been great and I haven't had it to the dealer for anything other than state inspection.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One more item -
Adjust the auto headlight sensitivity. They turn on when going under a bridge, the turn off a few seconds later. Annoying and probably confuses other drivers. Salesman told us it was not adjustable, but I've since learned it is.

·
Registered
'14 3.6R Outback
2,348 Posts
One more item -
Adjust the auto headlight sensitivity. They turn on when going under a bridge, the turn off a few seconds later. Annoying and probably confuses other drivers. Salesman told us it was not adjustable, but I've since learned it is.
It is adjustable, but it can not address the overpass issue. The adjustment is for turning them on when there is more or less visible light, like if you prefer them on on sooner as it's getting dark.

The 2013 fixed this with a delay, but we are not yet sure if "we" can just add a part to do the same to our cars.

Get wipers while you're there if you haven't already. The dealer will swap them once under warranty.

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited 2.5 EyeSight & 2010 Legacy Premium, 2010 OB Limited (traded)
2,129 Posts
Passenger seatbelt (receiver, between seat and console) squeaks - Known issue. I think there may be a TSB. Some on the forum have fixed it with WD40.

Adjust the auto headlight sensitivity. They turn on when going under a bridge, the turn off a few seconds later. - Another issue, big time. Don't bother having the sensitivity adjusted. All it will do is cause you headlights to come on when it is darker out than you would like and you still have the issue going under bridges. Most go back and have the adjustment put back to where they started. The real fix to to add a delay which they did for 2013.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.