Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2007 Outback H6 LL Bean - Champagne Gold Opal
6,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the 2011 season I will only be uploading the ESPN/OneHD daily recaps produced by WRC HQ. Please be patient as I track down the files and upload them to my server.

WRC Race recaps:

ESPN (UK) Broadcast with Paul King commentary:
Wikipedia coverage: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rally Sweden
Official Site: Rally Sweden - The official site of the 2010 Rally Sweden WRC event
WRC: World Rally Championship

If you wish to download videos from my server, you must first send me a PM and I will quickly respond with the required username and password. Your logins from 2010 will carry over into 2011. Each new user will be given a unique account. You must have made at least 10 posts here at SubaruOutback.org before I will create an account for you. I provide this service to try to increase membership and activity here, not just so anyone in the world with zero posts can leech off the bandwidth that I pay for. If you don't have 10 posts, go join some discussions before sending me a PM.

·
Super Moderator
6,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the daily recaps will be about 25-30 minutes each and the Power Stage will generally be about 60 minutes.

·
Registered
'98 2.5 RS
16 Posts
Hello,

In your opinion, when should I watch the power stage? After days 1-3?
Is the PS the final stages on live TV or is the PS like a super special stage?

BTW- Racing-underground site is open today for new sign ups.

Thanks,
Fweep

·
Super Moderator
6,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Power Stage is the last stage of the rally, so it will spoil the Day 3 Summary video.
You could watch Day 3 and then cut over to the Power Stage when they start covering it.

I'm not sure if it will always be the last stage of the rally, but you bring up a good point and I'll try to make it clear with my future posts.

I really enjoyed this Power Stage coverage, as they had Kris Meeke in the studio and he provided some great information. I look forward to his debut in the Mini in a few months.

·
Registered
61 Posts
It may be that the power stage is not the last super special in every rally. The only thing I know for sure is that the power stage will always be held in the final day of the rally.

·
Registered
61 Posts
(SPOILER ALERT)

Watched the rally on motors tv at the end of each day of the rally. We may have an interesting season this year, and the results were quite surprising with Ford taking top 3 places, with Ostberg in 2'nd place.
Loeb kinda sucked this rally if you compare his performance to that of last year. He lost alot of time in the first day, while Latvala didn't, and even the following days he did not consistently recover it.
Solberg sucked big time. I think the guy is missing a few screws in his head :) . He fights very good for 2 days, then he blows it. It happened a few times last year, and in the IRC Monte Carlo rally too.
It was very nice to see Hirvonen in top form in the final day.
And the biggest surprise was Mads Ostberg who had a very impressive performance.

About the cars I like the fact that they go much more sideways than the 2L generation. I did not compare the times with the ones of the previous year, but I could not see a clear performance downgrade in comparison to the 2L. The in-car footages focused on the driver are more spectacular, you can see that they have to put more effort in driving due to the manual gear shifter. And to conclude, the Fiesta sounds better than the Focus in the onboards :D

·
Registered
'98 2.5 RS
16 Posts
same here m8, closed now
It looks like it was only open for 7 hours one day only....

I really enjoyed the Rally. The new cars are pretty spectacular as they do move around a lot. It was nice to see Mads do well and hopefully Mikko can keep it moving forward for more than one rally.

There was snow this year which was cool. Looks like the U.S. Northeast!
Loeb and some of the others said there was a lot of snow on the roads. With Michelin do they have the option of using longer or shorter studs?

Looks like a fun year and the ESPN coverage was good.
I watched the 3 days and then only watched part of the powerstage since I only wanted to the the top runners.

Fweep

·
Super Moderator
6,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FYI to all:
I've changed my links to point to a higher quality 720p encode of the three daily recaps. Feel free to download these versions if you want to watch again with slightly higher quality.

I'll try to use these versions in the future. The fine gentleman over at racing-underground that provides these videos is currently deciding what direction he should take.

·
Super Moderator
6,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm pretty sure teams only had one choice of studded tire for this rally.

As for Mads, it should come as no surprise to anyone that he was able to hit the podium on his first factory-backed rally. The kid has been proving for years that he's extremely talented, consistently scoring points in his privately entered Impreza. Ford made a brilliant move by signing him. He'll keep M-Sport competitive all season, and he'll probably finish ahead of Henning on each rally.

·
Super Moderator
6,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I won't be doing the preview and review shows. These 720p encodes are taking up enough space on their own.

·
Registered
00 OB 07 OBXT
5,538 Posts
Very cool, I wasn't sure how they were going to mod these little cars to compete at the top level ... they did a good job allowing the turbos and the exhaust note is very nice compared with the N/A cars in the JR series last year.

Apparently they didn't read my mind and take my advice ... bring run flats back and ... make them run every stage in the running order every stage. That would completely eliminate "team orders" and the games associated with course sweeping.

I think I watched a different race than Guzman did.

Didn't Loeb have two flats ? couple that with the fact that he is very uncomfortable racing on this surface [you can see it on his face] and it's a completely different car and, I think saying he sucked is a bit presumptuous.

Solberg was doing very well until an incident not directly related to the race forced him to have his codriver drive the last stage and lose what ? a minute ? ... again, I wouldn't say he sucked ... I'd say he made a mistake and payed for it. Solberg is a great driver and I like the fact that he's sort of goofy and excited all the time.

Glad Miko got some confidence back.

Ostberg drove a great race as did Latvala.

All in all I think this is going to be a great season of guys trying to get the hang of these cars. Gravel and tarmac will be a better indicator of who is adapting quicker.

·
Registered
Lancia Delta HF Integrale
55 Posts
Mexico will be a good test for engine too :)
We will see if Ford will reduce the enormous gap of power with citroen in altitude

1 - 20 of 24 Posts