Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2007 Outback H6 LL Bean - Champagne Gold Opal
6,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the 2011 season I will only be uploading the ESPN/OneHD daily recaps produced by WRC HQ. Please be patient as I track down the files and upload them to my server.

WRC Race recaps:

ESPN (UK) Broadcast with Paul King commentary:
Wikipedia coverage: Rally Mexico - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Official Site: Rally Guanajuato Mexico
WRC: World Rally Championship

If you wish to download videos from my server, you must first send me a PM and I will quickly respond with the required username and password. Your logins from 2010 will carry over into 2011. Each new user will be given a unique account. You must have made at least 10 posts here at SubaruOutback.org before I will create an account for you. I provide this service to try to increase membership and activity here, not just so anyone in the world with zero posts can leech off the bandwidth that I pay for. If you don't have 10 posts, go join some discussions before sending me a PM.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi FM....Thank you for continuously providing the service....just realized that the source is now in 720p. I thought my download got corrupted while it was still in progress at 700MB (it has happened before), so I stopped the download just before completing (If I had only waited for another 2 minutes). Would it be possible to post the file size as well, just like the 2010 posts?

·
Super Moderator
6,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They will all be ~750MB each as long as I continue to receive them from the same source.
The power stages will be ~650MB each.
I will note anything out of the ordinary in future posts.

·
Registered
'98 2.5 RS
16 Posts
I thought it was interesting that there seemed to be teething problems with the new cars. Both Ford and Citroen. There wasn't much that I remember in Sweden with cars breaking. But, this is to be expected with new cars. I remember when the last spec WRC cars came out there was quite a bit of problems, like gearboxes and steering racks.

You have to respect Loeb for remaining calm when his car broke at the start of a stage. He worked on it and didn't get frustrated and went on his way to drive the stages.
Too bad for Ogier, when he whacked the bank I knew he was done for! I said his wheel got ripped off! And it was....

I really enjoy Petter too. I liked when he spun on a jump and he was so animated when describing the spin. It reminds me of playing McRae Rally 2.0 on PS1, when I would spin or crash and watch the replay and go over the spin and decide "what went wrong...".
He sounds like he is having fun.

I wish they (ESPN) would create a montage, 1-3 minutes, of all of the WRC cars going over the big jump as well as PWRC, JWRC cars and then any interesting lower class jumps or spins from the non-WRC entries, like on youTube.. Just car after car jumping to get a feel for the action at that one point. They could show it at the end of the program.

I think this is going to be an exciting season!

·
Registered
'08 Subaru Forester X Sport
20 Posts
THANKS Steve! I missed almost all of last season due to my own laziness. Great to be watching rally again

Wow, I too feel bad for Seb O. I thought he was going to take it to Seb L but alas no. :( It was funny to see Seb Ls reaction to the "two top drivers on the same team" question. Like he wanted to say that young upstart better learn his place and get behind the almighty Loeb. :D It was great to see Petter doing well also though as usual he seem to have his share of problems. I'm not surprised to see the Block isn't quite stacking up either but I hope he will continue to learn and do better. Who is going to be cheering for Sordo when he's trying out the Countryman later this season?

·
Super Moderator
6,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not a huge Sordo fan, but few things would make me happier than to see Dani get a win in the Mini. If it wasn't for him, Loeb likely wouldn't have won 7 championships in a row. He's a talented driver that got stuck in a bad situation.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for the video. The 720p looked really amazing on the large screen!...but boy, it is killing my bandwidth limit and my remaining meager drive space. :)

Yeah....Seb Ogier screw-up changed the dynamics of the race: He has been consistently putting pressure on Seb Loeb. It really was a pity that Seb O did not get anything out of the race, I thought that would have been a win for him. Oh well.

What a thrilling power stage though?!! I was sure that Petter would win all 3 points. Mikko really gave it all. Amazing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts