Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2007 Outback H6 LL Bean - Champagne Gold Opal
6,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the 2011 season I will only be uploading the ESPN/OneHD daily recaps produced by WRC HQ. Please be patient as I track down the files and upload them to my server.

WRC Race recaps:

ESPN (UK) Broadcast with Paul King commentary:
Wikipedia coverage: Acropolis Rally - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Official Site: Acropolis Rally - Acropolis Rally, 16-19 June 2011
WRC: World Rally Championship

If you wish to download videos from my server, you must first send me a PM and I will quickly respond with the required username and password. Your logins from 2010 will carry over into 2011. Each new user will be given a unique account. You must have made at least 10 posts here at SubaruOutback.org before I will create an account for you. I provide this service to try to increase membership and activity here, not just so anyone in the world with zero posts can leech off the bandwidth that I pay for. If you don't have 10 posts, go join some discussions before sending me a PM.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Seriously, Loeb ego has gotten way too big. It appears such that to him, everyone supposed to bow and kneel before him? Since Loeb and Citroen loves to play tactics, I do not think he has any kind of rights to moan and groan about his team mates playing tactics against him. Bloody hypocrite. It is great to see that Ogier stick it up to Loeb, in both the race itself and the Power Stage.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Seriously, Loeb ego has gotten way too big. It appears such that to him, everyone supposed to bow and kneel before him? Since Loeb and Citroen loves to play tactics, I do not think he has any kind of rights to moan and groan about his team mates playing tactics against him. Bloody hypocrite. It is great to see that Ogier stick it up to Loeb, in both the race itself and the Power Stage.
Loeb used to do stuff like that all the time when Dani Sordo was his team mate, so now that it backfired he is pissed :)
I believe there is alot of tension between the 2 Sebastians because they are both strong headed and want to win everything.
I saw a movie this year where they are put face 2 face and ask each other questions, and a time Loeb says to Ogier that he should have gone to another team this year :)

·
Registered
00 OB 07 OBXT
5,538 Posts
If you want to eliminate tactics, make road position dependent on the last stage position ... every stage.

I didn't see that movie but, to some extent, Loeb would be right. If there were more teams/manufacturers in the competition at the time. In a perfect scenario [if tactics are to be used] you have a main driver and relatively talented rookie ... the rookie should be good enough to be up front but "new" enough that just getting the driving experience is enough. In this type of racing there is no perfect scenario though, cars break, drivers crash so, better to have two talented drivers to gain success for the team.

It is a competition sport where the drivers on each team are competing for dominance as well as contributing to the team points victory ... there will be friction. While I tend to lean toward the underdog in most situations [all other things being equal], Loeb is the most successful driver in Rally history so .... it's not like he's "all talk" and complains when something bad happens as an excuse for all his mistakes. Maybe I'm missing a lot of the comments he makes but, he seems rather calm and level headed for someone with so much success and fame ... a rarity in the sports world.

There will always be someone on top that people hope will get knocked down, that's sort of why we watch the competition. If he was not there racing, it would not be quite as good ... a little something would be lost. Remember when Gronholm left, I was a little less exciting for awhile there. Now we have talented drivers like Ogier and Latvala filling that void as well as the Vets like Hirvonnen and Solberg.

·
Registered
00 OB 07 OBXT
5,538 Posts
I actually wrote that before I watched the race.

Loeb said "Since I was first, he used tactics, if He was first, I would have done the same"

He was annoyed because he wasn't getting split times and his team didn't let him know what was going on ... rightly so since it was their fault his readout wasn't working and, they are supposed to tel him everything he needs to know to win ... regardless of whom he's racing against.

·
Registered
61 Posts
yep, that's why he was angry
you are right, most of the time he is very calm and calculated
the only exceptions are when something unexpected, and out of his control happens. this was one incident, and another one this year was when Hirvonen got a puncture (I don't remember exactly which rally, Portugal I think) and then he drove right in front of Loeb, causing him to loose alot of time because of the dust. That time he was very angry, said alot of bad things about Hirvonen and the Ford team, and he even bumped his car at the end of the stage in anger :)

but he remains the best, and I hope he stays for some years longer. and also I would like to see him compete at Le Mans again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts