Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

This morning it was cold, I just let the car engine run a few minutes before I go. I was surprise to find a big gas stain under the end of the exhaust on the asphalt with a smal quantity of liquid. The car has 8 000km. Not nice for the parkway, but also worrying.

Any idea what this can means ?

Regards.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Are you certain it came from your car?
Could someone have tried siphoning, or in any other way - stealing your (or a nearby vehicle's) gas?:confused:

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
Hi there,

This morning it was cold, I just let the car engine run a few minutes before I go. I was surprise to find a big gas stain under the end of the exhaust on the asphalt with a smal quantity of liquid. The car has 8 000km. Not nice for the parkway, but also worrying.

Regards.
This would be moisture in the exhaust every car does this - look up the physics called Condensation - if this bothers you - buy an electric car with no exhaust.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Hi there,

Regards.

Primary byproduct of combustion is water. In colder weather, it condenses as it comes out of the exhaust pipe. When everything warms sufficiently, it stays in the vapor state. Nothing to see here, go about your business.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
4wheeldog
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing