Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I don't actually have an Outback, but a regular 2012 Legacy Limited 2.5i. I'm hoping the HK radios (non Nav) are the same because I saw someone else here post a similar question. I've run into two things with the radio that I can't for the life of me figure out, and I've read the manuals cover to cover and searched the internet, nothing. So, hopefully someone here has run into these as well. Here goes:
1. Bluetooth Display. On my friends 2012 Premium (w/o the HK radio with the new display) factory radio, he gets a BT symbol and battery and antenna information from his phone when it's paired. I get nothing on mine. I've been through the menus and can't find a way to turn it on (if that's what I need to do). I don't understand why a lower end radio would have more features than the HK? How can I turn this on for mine?
2. HD On/Off. I've got this one station that broadcasts in HD and the signal can be choppy, I think because it's switching from HD to non-HD all the time. So, I went into the menu and turned HD to Off. But, even though the menu says it's Off, it still picks up the station in HD and continues to be choppy. Is there another way to turn HD Off?

Thanks a bunch as I really love the car, just these little annoyances pop up here and there. If I can fix them, that would be great!

·
Registered
2012 Outback Limited, 2.5i
38 Posts
I can only speak for the first part of your question. My mom bought a premium 2013 Legacy and her display is shows the "BT" and phone signal on the radio, while my Limited HK radio does not. To be honest, I believe its only because the HK radio and the Premium radio are made by two different companies. Now that I think of it, I'm not sure there is anything on my HK radio that actually shows my phone connected unless I actually switch to BT mode on the radio. Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts