Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2012 3.6R Limited Pearl White Satin
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many % off MSRP most people get on their 2012 Impreza Sport Hatchback? I got 10% off MSRP on my OB, but when I asked for 10% off on Impreza (a different dealer), the salesman didn't even reply my e-mail. What a D***.:mad:

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,814 Posts
good luck right now. my '12 impreza i got just under MSRP and my '11 outback was about 15% under MSRP. this was from the same dealer. imprezas are hard to get right now, in this part of the country anyway. wait a while if you can, i can't.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I sell Subarus, and my last 5 sports have gone at full MSRP. There is no inventory out there. I'd have responded to your e-mail if it were me, but only to give you a reality check.

·
Registered
2012 3.6R Limited Pearl White Satin
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sell Subarus, and my last 5 sports have gone at full MSRP. There is no inventory out there. I'd have responded to your e-mail if it were me, but only to give you a reality check.
Sure, I do not have any problem they don't agree with the price. It is a free market. They could/should explain about the seller's market condition instead of ignoring a customer.
I even experienced once a dealer didn't want to tell me the price of a Honda because they think I was not serious (i.e. I was 26, wearing a T-shirt, shorts, and Basketball shoes). That's fine I just took my business somewhere else. So far I've spent 60k in cars.., cash...:mad:
Some dealers/salesmen are just better than the others...

·
Registered
2012 Forester X Premium 4AT
16 Posts
Impreza Inventory

I haven't seen decent inventory of this new Impreza EVER. I know the tidal wave may have had something to do with that earlier, but why consistently low inventory? I won't play that game. Mini tried that baloney when it first came out. "get it now, or get in line" type of stuff. I'm not 100% happy with my '12 Forester, but I sure as H E double toothpicks won't pay $24,000 plus for a top of the line Impreza. You can get a very, very, nice Mid-Sized sedan with great MPG for that type of cash.
I'll be looking from a distance. I like the little Subaru, and may take the plunge in the next Year.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Premium 2.5
21 Posts
Just ordered a 2013 Impreza Sport Premium w/CVT at invoice with no haggling.
ETA 8 - 10 weeks.
I agree. Never pay MSRP and especially MSRP+.

·
Registered
2007 Chrysler 300C built 5.7
396 Posts
If you can travel, I recommend Heuberger in Colorado Springs. I've had dealers not respond to me after I sent them the price Heuberger was going to give me on a similarly optioned car. No haggle, no BS, they just give you a good price. THEN you can start haggling ;)

·
Registered
2015 Twilight Blue Legacy Premium
466 Posts
I ordered mine in Feb and took delivery march 31st. I paid a few hundred under invoice. At that time the dealer had about 20-25 instock. When I traded it, they were asking $500 more than I paid for it.

I have a pretty good relationship with my subaru dealer now, so I went in with a friend to buy a new Impreza sedan. I tried to wheel and deal, but they said they were doing MSRP for remaining 12's(this was almost a month ago). I got them down $500 off sticker and they bumped her trade up a decent amount to make up for it, plus saved her on taxes.

Long story short, Imprezas are a hot car and if you find a dealer willing to bargain, then you are lucky. 13's have been intransit on dealer sites for about 2 weeks now and they should be due in within the next 3 weeks.

·
Premium Member
2000 Legacy Outback Classic 4 Cylinder
199 Posts
My wife and I are looking for an Impreza Sport so I thought I would update this thread.

On three different lots, one in Huntsville, AL and 2 in the Nashville, TN area there are about 3 at each location if you include the Premiums which I believe is one notch below the Sport. This is what we actually saw on the lots.

Today I asked for a cash price on the only Sport (that I know of) the Huntsville dealer had and they told me in a timely manner (I was shocked) they would knock $2K off the sticker. This was before we started haggling.

I did not compare exact features but see similar pricing on the CO Springs website someone recommended:

Heuberger Motors, Inc | Vehicles for sale in Colorado Springs, CO 80905

We have found one used model that is a Premium but IMO the owner is asking too much at $11,900.00. I would be interested at $10K but will hold out for a Sport and nonsmoker.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts