Subaru Outback Forums banner

2012 OB Electrical/Engine Power Issues

842 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  1 Lucky Texan 
#1 ·
Hey folks,

This is my first post, though I've spent many hours reading through the posts here (which I'm very thankful for). I searched through other posts and after a while couldn't find one that was in line with my questions, so sorry if I'm starting something new for something that's been addressed already!

I have a 2012 Outback 2.5i (convenience package) and it's been a sufficient pita since I purchased it a year ago. Prior to this I had a 2012 Impreza and loved it. Unfortunately I was involved in a highway collision with a drunk driver and it's now toast. I walked away sore, but relatively unharmed.

My specific issues are these:
The car for the most part is absolutely gutless - once every few weeks I feel like I'm getting proper engine power. When I foot the throttle there can be almost a full second delay before the car does anything. I know it's "fly-by-wire", but should I experience that much delay?

The electrical side of things is grim, for example, when I tap the unlock button or roll down the window, even activate heat or A/C, the engine idle dips to an engine shudder in many cases.

My electronic parking brake (most hated thing about the vehicle hands down man it sucks so bad) has also been messed up for a while, often flashing the red brake light at me. I found out today it's not a $120 module I need, but in fact the actuator is toast and the dealership quoted me $1100 for the part, not inclusive of labour.

This summer I replaced the spark plugs with NGK Iridiums, I cleaned the throttle body, I replaced the air filters, and I replaced the stock battery with an East Penn AGM. I tested my alternator, and although it was running a little high, it wasn't an unreasonable number.

My question is, given all the above, what have I overlooked that is hindering my engine power and causing the engine to shudder when I use locks/windows/climate?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.