Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it has happened again.

We bought our 2012 Outback in January. One evening in March returning to the car after dinner, the key would not remotely unlock, so I opened it manually. The alarm went off but starting the engine cancelled the alarm. Then the tire pressure waring light blinked for about a minute before staying steady-on.

We took it to the dealer the next morning and they found a loose connection at the keyless control module (located behind the left-rear quarter panel trim).

Last night it did it again... same symptoms.

Is this going to be a regular thing every 6 months?

Quite frustrating.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They fixed it (took 4 hours or waiting around). I think I'll write a letter to SOA about it so as to protect my rights under Nevada's Lemon law... just in case it does it again.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm having this exact same problem now. In addition, my time/temp display is off as well as the dome, map, and visor lights. Does anyone know how to access the area where the keyless entry module is so that I can check the connection? I'm nowhere near a Subaru dealer and because of the ungodly hours I work I won't be able to go sit around the dealer unless it's an absolute must.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I'm having this exact same problem now. In addition, my time/temp display is off as well as the dome, map, and visor lights. Does anyone know how to access the area where the keyless entry module is so that I can check the connection? I'm nowhere near a Subaru dealer and because of the ungodly hours I work I won't be able to go sit around the dealer unless it's an absolute must.
Sounds like a warranty issue to me; however, not sitting in your car, I can't be sure. First suggestion is to look to see if you have a blown fuse(s). If that is not the case, then a visit to a dealership may be needed.

·
Registered
457 Posts
So I had the exact same issue as the OP, 100% the same thing. A single module in the rear of the car controls the keyless entry, alarm, and TPM. This module was bad from the factory so they replaced it. Took a couple day's though because they wanted to work with SOA to ensure no other parts were harmed by the faulty module and that some other part didn't cause the module failure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
vtmecheng
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing