Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Have the same problem in my 2012 Outback 2.5i Premium. Problem Correction: 1st step, dealer service department (adviser/mechanic) said that the hi-beam bulbs had burned out, so they replaced the bulbs. That didn't fix the problem. 2nd step, their diagnosis was that the hi-beam switch was faulty (a short), so they replaced the switch. That didn't fix the problem. 3rd step -- service adviser said the car may have been in collision. I said, not since I owned the car and there is no evidence of body work. Next he said, rodents may have chewed through harness wiring, I said, look at the harness and their is no evidence of harness damage --Argh!. Fourth step, service adviser, said there is a short somewhere and the harness will have to be replaced, since the car is 5 months out of warrantee -- cost of parts and labor, to me, estimated at $1,500 -- double Argh!, and work is not authorized. 5th step, meeting with service manager and shop foreman, today, to discuss repair. 6th step will be with Subaru factory representative to discuss repair. So far, I have incurred approximately, $200+ to get to step 3.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts