Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are several unpleasant opinions about this...but I still want it.

I need to know what it would take to swap out the '12 outback hood with the legacy hood with scoop. I want to make it functional though...I was p riding parts online but I'm really not sure exactly what I wold need to complete this project.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
The fake hood scoop on the older impreza's at one point were causing issues with water getting into sensitive bits on top of the engine and causing some issues. Tossing the turbo legacy hood on the non turbo Ob seems like you would create a very similar issue with water going places that were not intended to be showered with water.

·
Super Moderator
12,108 Posts
I foresee a flamewar.....:9: :22:

No, you won't.

Folks can keep it civil or say good night to this topic.

If we have to look at your dumb gas milage figures then he gets to post his mud shredding awesomeness.
For a member with only 5 posts, you might try adding to them by something constructive instead of inflammatory.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I know there are several unpleasant opinions about this...but I still want it.
The fake hood scoop on the older impreza's at one point were causing issues with water getting into sensitive bits on top of the engine and causing some issues. Tossing the turbo legacy hood on the non turbo Ob seems like you would create a very similar issue with water going places that were not intended to be showered with water.
Nevermind that I think functionless scoops are lame (that's what you meant by "unpleasant opinions," right?).

SubieSailor is right about not wanting water, snow, leaves, or small animals being deposited on the top of the engine.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Nevermind that I think functionless scoops are lame
Good news! Pep Boys has a chrome stick on hood scoop for sale! I believe they also have it in carbon fiber!

You can get a sweet "TURBO" badge there as well, and a pistol grip shifter!

Take some photos for us, Paul Walker!

(Sorry post-master-supreme, I just had to...)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Well......I still think Bradze's pic is awesome!!!!:6::6::roadtrip::roadtrip:

:crazyp::crazyp::crazyp::crazyp::crazyp:

·
Super Moderator
12,108 Posts
Could the air intake be modified so that the scoop could be used as some sort of ram air setup/cold air intake?
The factory intake is functionally a cold air intake already.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
The factory intake is functionally a cold air intake already.
Very much so agreed. Adding a hood scoop would strictly be for looks pretty much. Unless your going to put a LGT turbo in it.

A 2010+ Outback XT would look very very very nice. BTW.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
If we have to look at your dumb gas milage figures then he gets to post his mud shredding awesomeness.
funny, just found this, i used to have a bumper sticker saying "there's more to life than gas mileage"

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
15 Participants
iainb
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing