Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Outback prem, CVT - graphite gray
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a leftover 2012 OB, at the time of purchase I ordered the RSBP # J501SAJ600. The part is in but the salesperson informed me that the service dept. said it is only for a 2013, something about the seat back angle? From the quick conversation I'm not sure whether they actually tried an install or this is just speculation because it says "new for 2013" in the catalogue. I have trouble believing Subaru made a minor change to the back seat while the rest of the interior is the same. Is there any difference?

Now like a good little newbie I searched and found a couple threads about installs in 2010+ outbacks. So basicly, I'm looking for confirmation that it will fit fine and this is just typical dealership ineptitude.

·
Registered
2011 OB 2.5 Limited
188 Posts
Even if they DID change the angle of the seat back, that would only mean that the RSBP would fold at a steeper or a more shallow angle.

The folding point of the RSBP is completely flexible.

·
Premium Member
2018 Outback Limited 2.5i Dark Blue Pearl/Ivory w'Eyesight
703 Posts
It fit in my 2011 just fine.

·
Registered
2015 Limited Outback fully loaded
168 Posts
At least they sent you the right ones! I have received the 3rd gen version TWICE now from different dealers.... YES 2 times. I am so annoyed lol.

·
Registered
2012 Outback prem, CVT - graphite gray
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help guys. I called and told the dealer I want them but I'm going to install myself.

·
Registered
'15 STi and '13 GTI
1,009 Posts
At least they sent you the right ones! I have received the 3rd gen version TWICE now from different dealers.... YES 2 times. I am so annoyed lol.
I ordered mine from Subaru Online Parts. They are a forum sponsor and have great service and prices. I've ordered from them multiple times without any issues. :29:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts