Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought this car with 133000 miles on it from N.J.. After driving for around 50 miles check engine light turned on so I took it to my local mechanic and also to the dealership. Now the dealership says that the transmission valve body needs to be replaced. I was wondering whether this issue is actually worth tending to or is possible to ignore. Secondly I was planning on a long distance trip so is it risky to drive the car?

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
13,988 Posts
The yr/model would be useful. I will assume based on your post it's a 2010 or newer.

If the dealer said it needs a valve body, I am going to assume it has a torque converter clutch solenoid, or a duty solenoid code set in the TCM. Either one you want to fix it soon before other damage occurs and certainly not take it on a 3k miles trip before fixing it. If it's a TCC code and it's neglected, damage to the TCC will increase your repair cost. If it's a duty solenoid code, it would depend on what's occurred with the solenoid as to what, if any damage occurs to the center differential.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts