Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Limited w/ EyeSight
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw it asked somewhere on here when I was looking for my new wheels and nobody had an answer at the time. Here is what I came up with for what it is worth:

And to be clear this is the wheel I weighed:

And what I put on.

I did not take a picture but the BBS wheels weighed in between 15.2 and 15.7 lbs.

This is my 3rd Subaru, all have been silver and all have ended up with gold STi BBS wheels on them, the second one was the only one that actually came with them though...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thanks for the info! I remember the 10-12 wheel weight being around 26lbs. Glad they were able to shave 5lbs with the ugly skinny spokes!

·
Registered
2007 Chrysler 300C built 5.7
396 Posts
Interesting. Feel any pickup with the reduced weight?

·
Registered
'05 2.5i H4 4-Speed Auto w/Sportshift
514 Posts
I agree....

I concur that the color silver for the car and gold for the wheels really makes for an extremely nice-looking car! I bet it gets quite a few "head-turners" when people happen to see the whole car!

Where I live, I don't get into aesthetics so much as the harsh climate takes its toll on anything located outside the car, especially the underbody and the WHEELS!

When we purchased the car, I purchased a dedicated set of four aftermarket wheels, similar in appearance to the OEM wheels. I run four aggressive studded snows on those aftermarket wheels.

After the first winter, the aftermarket wheels began to have small areas where the coating flaked off and the aluminum underneath started corroding to a white, 'powdery'-looking corrosion.

After six or seven full-winters, the new ones have the finish off in quite a few places.

Aside from making it simple for me to swap the wheels/tires from summer to winter and back again, the extra set also makes the OEM wheels stay in much better condition (almost like new) than if they were run all year 'round!

·
Registered
557 Posts
djz,

thank you for that!

i was wondering the same thing the other day as i was browsing through the tirerack.com site.

i was also looking at the gold and bronze wheels :)

... but just looking - lol.

joel

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting. Feel any pickup with the reduced weight?
It's a 2.5 so I don't expect it to have much along the lines of pickup. So far I have only driven it in traffic so I really have not noticed any difference at all, but I will see how it feels over the weekend and report back. T0 be honest though, I don't expect to notice anything in the feel of the car.

My fuel mileage log may be where I notice a difference, when I put a set of these wheels on my 02WRX I noticed a 2mpg increase in economy, but I went from a really heavy set of 18s to the STi BBS, but I also drove that car a lot harder than I drive this one.

·
Registered
181 Posts
DJZ, nice work. I love the STI BBS wheels. Classic design. I've been on the hunt for a set of these for a while, but they are still holding their value between $1000-$1200.

Saving 7 lbs. per corner should make a difference for sure. Love to hear what you report on economy.

·
Registered
'13 OB 3.6R Ltd
196 Posts
thanks!! glad to hear my OZ's are lighter than the stockers.

·
Registered
'13 Outback 3.6R Limited
352 Posts
I saw it asked somewhere on here when I was looking for my new wheels and nobody had an answer at the time. Here is what I came up with for what it is worth:

And to be clear this is the wheel I weighed:

And what I put on.

I did not take a picture but the BBS wheels weighed in between 15.2 and 15.7 lbs.

This is my 3rd Subaru, all have been silver and all have ended up with gold STi BBS wheels on them, the second one was the only one that actually came with them though...
Looks sharp!! What year did the STi come with 5x100 bolt pattern? Someone locally is selling a set of gold BBS STi wheels but nothing is motioned about bolt pattern.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks sharp!! What year did the STi come with 5x100 bolt pattern? Someone locally is selling a set of gold BBS STi wheels but nothing is motioned about bolt pattern.
The 2004 was the only year for 5x100 wheels and the only ones that will fit.

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited
12 Posts
If so, I'm tempted to put my 2012 WRX wheels on my wife's 2013 Outback...but I doubt I will.

What are the offsets of the stock 2013 Outback wheels?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts