Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
  • Submissions are now being taken for JUNE OUTBACK OF THE MONTH
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started to do this a month ago. Whenever gas tank is relatively full in my 2013 2.5 Outback, it makes the whole garage smell pretty strongly of fuel. If it is leaking somewhere, it isn't enough to not evaporate almost immediately, as I haven't been able to find any drips.

Is there a common fuel leak location or any particular place I should start looking?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had the car since new. I do have a bad habit of "topping off". Where is the evaporation canister, and how can I check or change it?

No wrecks/damage/work other than manual recommended 60k items a few months ago. Just started when it got cold, which I wasn't sure was a clue or not.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll definitely not "top off" next fill-up to see if that makes a difference. As of now down to 3/4 tank again and no smell anymore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.