Subaru Outback Forums banner

2013 2.5cvt first oil change

12K views 44 replies 16 participants last post by  Shadow 1100 
#1 ·
hey everyone. i was wondering what you guys did for your first oil change. i know the factory scheduled service are in 7500mi intervals but i keep getting notification from my dealer that i'm due for my 3700 oil change. does everyone here change out their oil earlier than recommended to get rid of whatever oil the factory puts in their new cars and to start using synthetic?

Discussion starter · #3 ·
@there4igraham thanks for you input.

the thing is, the dealer gave me 2 years of free factory maintenace, but the intervals are in 7500mi's. taking it in right now for a 3700mi oil change won't be free. i'm not trying to be cheap here, just trying to find out whats the best

Discussion starter · #6 ·
change intervals for 2.5 and 3.6 are 7500 and 3700 (respectively). maybe my dealer just sends out notifications to everyone at 3700 intervals. who knows

Discussion starter · #10 ·
so i called my dealer's service department for a brief explanation and they said, the internvals for the 2.5 cvt are, 3700, 7500, 7500, 7500... all the scheduled maintenance within 2 years are free. yay! case closed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.