Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Just bought a new 2013 Outback 2.5i with cvt. I just noticed around 500 miles I get a loping noise from the front end, seems like the right front at 3600 rpm and lasts until 3800-3900 rpm. It sounds like wheel bearings but I am thinking it is something else. I don't have the time to take it to the dealer to get checked for at least a month. Didn't notice this on the test drive. Doing a search I don't see any other people with the issue. Let me know what you think. I can feel this vibration/loping coming up thought the gas pedal I can hear it as well.

·
Registered
'14 3.6R Outback
2,345 Posts
Loping? Define Loping? Maybe a video will help?

·
Registered
'13 Outback 2.5i CVT Prem. & '07 Tundra 5.7 V8 Ltd.
107 Posts
A repeating thud or vibration. Similar to if there was a flat spot on a tire.
Get the wheel lugs wrench out and check both front tires and make sure one isn't loose. Check the wheels, break pads, etc ... Visual.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get the wheel lugs wrench out and check both front tires and make sure one isn't loose. Check the wheels, break pads, etc ... Visual.
Just tried taking a video but you can't hear it over the engine noise on the video. I did this in park and wasn't moving leading me to believe it isn't a tire, bearing or brake component.

·
Registered
'13 Outback 2.5i CVT Prem. & '07 Tundra 5.7 V8 Ltd.
107 Posts
Just tried taking a video but you can't hear it over the engine noise on the video. I did this in park and wasn't moving leading me to believe it isn't a tire, bearing or brake component.
Take it to the dealer then. If its beyond that, i am useless :( let us know once you find out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Take it to the dealer then. If its beyond that, i am useless :( let us know once you find out.
I will when I get the chance. Doing some research it might be normal. I this is my second subie, my first was an 84 that I bought in 92. I don't recall hearing this noise but it might just be a part of the boxer.

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
14,464 Posts
Call SOA and ask if anyone else has inquired of this noise if a visit to a dealer is not in the near future. Plus, when they record the VIN connected with the inquiry you have a trail for warranty repair.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Call SOA and ask if anyone else has inquired of this noise if a visit to a dealer is not in the near future. Plus, when they record the VIN connected with the inquiry you have a trail for warranty repair.
Thanks I just emailed them. If I don't hear in a week or so I will call.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts