Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is this procedure? it appears this needs to be done on my car but I can’t find a procedure for this gen. Apologies if this is redundant but I couldn’t find anything.

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i 2003 Legacy L special edition (retired to backup)
1,076 Posts
drive shaft comes out
rear diff comes out
bushings get pressed out

·
Registered
'10 3.6R Outback Limited, 2zr swapped Toyota Yaris track toy, '12 Mazda3 skyactive
435 Posts
I did it by unattaching the driveshaft from the diff and lowering the diff down in a jack. You can keep the axles attached.

I then made my own press with some all thread and some square stock bar cut in half to press them out. They are hard to press in and out.

·
Registered
17,652 Posts
I believe @Power Wagon 3.6 is asking about replacing the bushings at the back of the differential, in the sub-frame crossmember (based on this thread), rather than the bushing in the differential's front support (as in the video linked in post #2).

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i 2003 Legacy L special edition (retired to backup)
1,076 Posts
that video will get him enough information as there are not many that deal with the rear bushings... and the principles applied will be used to R&R the rear bushings...

·
Registered
'10 3.6R Outback Limited, 2zr swapped Toyota Yaris track toy, '12 Mazda3 skyactive
435 Posts
My above post was for the diff bushings located in the rear subframe. I left the other two bushings as they seemed fine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts