Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and found one tread but can someone either show me a picture or a diagram showing fill and drain for the transmission/front axle. I have searched but can't seem to find someone with exactly a 2013 outback manual as it always seems to slide off course to an impreza or forrester. Some sources say it is a fill/level hole while others say it is a yellow or black fill tube. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2019 Outback 3.6r Limited
173 Posts
Drain is the Torx on the bottom of the transmission. Fill through the yellow dipstick on top of transmission. I've done it multiple times. An easy job, though the fill is slow for some reason.

·
Registered
2013 BRZ 2005 OBXT
230 Posts
Drain is the Torx on the bottom of the transmission. Fill through the yellow dipstick on top of transmission. I've done it multiple times. An easy job, though the fill is slow for some reason.
Filling is likely slow because you do not have a self burping funnel. Makes filling this way alot quicker if you do. That way it makes sure it has a way for the tube to breath while it drinks the fluid. Think of it as drinking water and trying to drink water and breath through your mouth at the same time. Not very productive.

One like I have linked here.
https://www.amazon.com/SpeedyFLO-vented-funnel-combo-pack/dp/B013HD5MGI

Notice the small segregated tube that runs down that allows the fill tube to breath while it drinks the fluid down since your sealing it off with the funnel being set down into the fill tube neck.

·
Registered
173 Posts
And this is on a manual? I feel like an idiot but I do not see the yellow dipstick on top of the manual transmission
Yes. It is on the passenger side on the top of the transmission.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Filling is likely slow because you do not have a self burping funnel. Makes filling this way alot quicker if you do. That way it makes sure it has a way for the tube to breath while it drinks the fluid. Think of it as drinking water and trying to drink water and breath through your mouth at the same time. Not very productive.

One like I have linked here.
https://www.amazon.com/SpeedyFLO-vented-funnel-combo-pack/dp/B013HD5MGI

Notice the small segregated tube that runs down that allows the fill tube to breath while it drinks the fluid down since your sealing it off with the funnel being set down into the fill tube neck.
Thanks!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts