Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My air conditioning works most of the time, but there are times, usually after it's been parked a couple hours, but not usually when it's cold, that the A/C doesn't kick on for a good ten minutes, even feels like it's blowing warm air. Could just be because it's hot outside, but I could swear it's blowing hot air.

I can't feel the compressor kicking on like it should, so something tells me it's not the A/C system that has the issue, but is probably something else.

The dealer has changed out the freon, replaced the blower relay, plus one other part. They say they have "tested the system" and can't find anything, so come pick it up. So they haven't thought beyond the A/C system. In other words, the problem isn't fixed.

May or may not be related, but I was in a front-end accident six months ago that required considerable front-end repair.:frown2:

I know you guys are probably smarter than the dealer on this, so help me out here.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring / 2019 Tesla M3
626 Posts
We recently had an issue where the car was low on coolant, about 3-4 liters. This causes the heater core mixing value, I didn't know thus care had one, to not have an coolant to mix with the cold air and the A/C appears to not work.

You can check this yourself easily body Loki get at the coolant level.

- With the car cold, take off the radiator cap and look into the radiator. There should be blue coolant right under the cap.
- If you don't see anything by the internal parts of the radiator, you are low on coolant; take it back to the dealer and tell them you want you money back!

NEVER OPEN A HOT RADIATOR DUE TO RISK OF BEING SCORCHED!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts