Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback Premier White
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have a new 2013 Outback with a Backup camera.
When I get in the car, the IPhone Pairs automaticly with the Bluetooth in the car.
It takes about 25 seconds to do that, mean while I am backing up and the notification comes on the screen and completely blocks the view. Then 5 seconds later it does it again. Anyone had this issue?
I think it is dangerous.

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited, 2009 Forester
7 Posts
Yes, I just saw this today also for the first time. I have only had my 2013 Outback for 2 days now. You would think there would be something would could select that would allow it to not show that alert anymore. Just like we could select to not have it remind us about ejecting the SD card each time.

·
Premium Member
2013 Outback 3.6R Ltd- Nav, Eyesight, HK, Graphite Gray Metallic
815 Posts
I agree. Noticed this right away in my 6 week old OB. My last two cars had backup cameras and they overrode everything. When I was in reverse, nothing appeared in the screen except the camera view. Seems obvious to me to do it this way. Subaru needs to fix this. I always have to stop backing out of my garage for 5 seconds until the camera view comes back. Silly inconvenience.

·
Registered
2007 Chrysler 300C built 5.7
396 Posts
Go into the settings. You can disable this.
I did it after owning it for less than a week.

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Outback Limited w/ moonroof
227 Posts
This is interesting - I haven't experienced this with my 13 OB.

If I leave the radio on the AUX BT I get the notification that says no BT signal or something (but it goes away within 5-10 seconds once my iPhone connects) however if I put the OB in reverse before it connects the camera takes over and there's noticing obstructing the view.

Also, my iPhone has never taken 25 seconds to connect its usually connects almost right away.

Which radio do you have? Mine is the HK without nav - maybe that's the difference.

·
Premium Member
2013 Outback 3.6R Ltd- Nav, Eyesight, HK, Graphite Gray Metallic
815 Posts
I have both Nav and BU camera with HK audio, so maybe that's the difference.

I agree with Jrocket - please post where to find the setting to turn off the "phone connection" screen. I've been all over the different settings menus and I'm surprised I missed this one.

·
Registered
White 2013 Outback 3.6 Ltd with eyesight
28 Posts
I have both Nav and BU camera with HK audio, so maybe that's the difference.

I agree with Jrocket - please post where to find the setting to turn off the "phone connection" screen. I've been all over the different settings menus and I'm surprised I missed this one.
Anyone find this setting to turn off. It's so freakin annoying! I can hardly use the NAV while the car is in drive, but when I'm using the backup camera to go backwards, it's more important to tell me my phone has synced up. :banghead:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts