Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2013 OB for about a month and a half. My salesman paired my iphone 4S to the hands free/bluetooth system in the car. The bluetooth audio playback works great.

My problem comes when making a phone call(hands free). There is often so much static it is hard to hear the other person, and I end up taking it off of hands free and finishing the call with the phone itself, other times it works great. I have re-paired the phone a few times trying to rectify the problem.

Anyone else had this problem or know of a solution?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had that problem in my '13 OB, but only when I left my phone in the space under the stereo deck. When I moved it to a cup holder, or even my jacket pocket, it worked fine and is nice and clear. Now if only the voice recognition was usable, it would be a good system.

·
Premium Member
7,529 Posts
I have had my 2013 OB for about a month and a half. My salesman paired my iphone 4S to the hands free/bluetooth system in the car. The bluetooth audio playback works great.

My problem comes when making a phone call(hands free). There is often so much static it is hard to hear the other person, and I end up taking it off of hands free and finishing the call with the phone itself, other times it works great. I have re-paired the phone a few times trying to rectify the problem.

Anyone else had this problem or know of a solution?
I just gave up; I had paired my Galaxy S III properly but the NAV system keeps switching it on and off just about every few minutes, with annoying error messages.
I decided to turn the bluetooth off both, on my phone as well as NAV console. I live in a State, where usage of cell phone while driving is still allowed...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the exact same issue. Putting the phone on the dash by the clock seems to solve it. (then I move it to the pro clip after the call is done ... painful).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
Karmabiker
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing