Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Limited with SAP
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2013 2.5i Limited with SAP keeps transferring the phonebook almost every time I get in the car. Has anyone else had this problem...and if so, what is the remedy. Thanks for any help...!
-Gary

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Limited Carbide Gray
832 Posts
Not to be funny but the prior year models didn't transfer the phone book very well, and yours seem to over do it! Hopefully there is a setting that will remedy your situation since it doesn't seem too many people have complained about that yet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had some weird issues with the phone set up initially with my 2013 OB and they seemed to resolve after I removed the device and deleted the contact info from the car, then redid the setup. You may have already tried this though. If not, try it for sure.

·
Registered
2013 Limited w/EyeSight
352 Posts
There are two very simple options solve this.

1. Read the directions.
2. Go through the settings in the car and you'll see the option to copy once.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2014 Outback 2.5 Ltd with Nav, Eyesite, loaded.
148 Posts
Not to be funny but the prior year models didn't transfer the phone book very well, and yours seem to over do it! Hopefully there is a setting that will remedy your situation since it doesn't seem too many people have complained about that yet.
My 2011 OB would not download anything from my iPhone. It was frustrating. My new 2013 OB downloaded my iPhone 4s book just fine, and (so far) when I vopice dial a number it has searched the phone book for the matching name and pulls it up automatically. Should that continue to be the case I would consider it an awesome improvement now that Subaru has changed from Kenwood to Fitjusi-Ten head units.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for your responses. I know...I have to READ the directions more carefully. Another issue has come up with the phonebook too. Some of my contacts do not transfer and I see "unknown" when I dial them. I have multiple contact lists in my iPhone/Exchange Mail Account, keeping different groups of customers separate from each other. Any ideas why this happens?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I am having the same issue. Only the phone number shows, but not the name! It happens with both a number that I dial as outgoing, or an incoming call. We need to figure this out and also, find a way to use all the navi features when the vehicle is in motion!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes hmorse, we do need to find a crack for the navigation so we can use it while in motion. It's just wrong that a passenger cannot make route changes while the car is in motion.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another inconvenience happens too...

Both my wife and I have iPhones...and whenever we're both in the car, her phone connects first about 95% of the time. My phone is the first one listed, hers is second. Is there are a setting to make my number primary?

·
Registered
148 Posts
the 2013 navi is a vast improvement. Subaru says it is not fully compatible with an iPhone! Have you tried to get and respond to a text message? I can receive a text message, it will "read it" to me, but it will not let me respond using the dashboard screen. It keeps saying "error". Subaru is shrugging their shoulders at me!!

Also, does anyone knoe how to do a direct entry into the speed dial? I downloaded my iphone5 but a few of my contacts did not download for some unknown reason. I need to do a hard entry into the speedial, but cannot seem to figure it out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Another inconvenience happens too...

Both my wife and I have iPhones...and whenever we're both in the car, her phone connects first about 95% of the time. My phone is the first one listed, hers is second. Is there are a setting to make my number primary?
One work around may help with your wife's phone linking up before yours. There is a setting somewhere to disable auto connect to the phone when you start the car. Downside is that you would have to manually connect the phone each time. I have toyed with the idea of disabling auto connect to stop the annoying connection message from popping up (it always chooses to do this while I'm relying on the back up camera to navigate out of a hairy parking spot).

·
Registered
148 Posts
iPhone5

My dealer spoke with tech support yesterday in my pressence about the iPhone not being able to reply to a text message. We scheduled an appointment to run some tests on Dec. 10th, as customer service is not being helpful, it is beyond them.

I have a Razor Maxx and an iPhone5 I syncked the phoneboks of both to my vehicle (2013). It seems that whichever one I use first is the one for that day that stays connected. Of course I can force a connection of the other. I do believe I set my iPhone as the priority, by making it #1 in the list.

I am trying to figure out how to MANUALLY add a number to the speed dial list. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited 2.5i, Crystal Black Silica, Special Appearance Package (moonroof, NAV, keyless entry, saddle leather seats)
17 Posts
Use Siri

These posts should only apply to people with iPhone 4 or below -- if you have an iPhone 4S or iPhone 5, I cannot imagine in what world you would rather dial through the onboard system than directly from your phone. Once my phone hooks up to the bluetooth, I just use Siri to make calls -- it's much easier to press and hold the iPhone button, which then fires up Siri through my audio system and makes calls, etc. Much easier.

·
Registered
18 Posts
These posts should only apply to people with iPhone 4 or below -- if you have an iPhone 4S or iPhone 5, I cannot imagine in what world you would rather dial through the onboard system than directly from your phone. Once my phone hooks up to the bluetooth, I just use Siri to make calls -- it's much easier to press and hold the iPhone button, which then fires up Siri through my audio system and makes calls, etc. Much easier.
I second that for sure. I do tend to use Siri a lot as well. Especially since some of the recent updates improved its performance over BlueTooth.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Maybe you have never heard of it been illegal in some states to use a non- handsfree phone when driving? How about just having the convenience of the audio coming through the vehicle speakers? Siri does not work well in a vehicle when using it on bluetooth due to background noise. There are a multitude of reasons why utilizing the onboard system is superior, notwithstanding the fact that you paid for it to use in the first place.

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited 2.5i, Crystal Black Silica, Special Appearance Package (moonroof, NAV, keyless entry, saddle leather seats)
17 Posts

Maybe you have never heard of it been illegal in some states to use a non- handsfree phone when driving?
Kind of a ridiculous argument to say that holding down a button on the steering wheel is different than holding down the button on the iPhone. It's not like you even have to look at the iPhone.

How about just having the convenience of the audio coming through the vehicle speakers? Siri does not work well in a vehicle when using it on bluetooth due to background noise.
I have no problems with Siri through my vehicle speakers or understanding what I say to it.

There are a multitude of reasons why utilizing the onboard system is superior, notwithstanding the fact that you paid for it to use in the first place.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Maybe you were born with three hands, I only was issued two. Both hands are necessary on the winding mountain snow covered roads, no spare hand to find my iPhone, open it from a case, then to push the button. Lucky you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok It looks like this thread got kind of highjacked with a SURI debate.....

However, I have a question I NEED answered. I have a 2013 2.5i Limited Outback with the small screen, not the navi screen. I also have an iPhone 4s. I can get the car to be ready to accept the contact list....but I can't get my phone to send the list to the car.

Could one of you that has the iPhone and a 2013 outback, that has successfully synced the contacts, please let me know a basic or exact method for doing this.

Please don't say follow the user manual...that just gets me through the car portion...I need to know the iPhone portion now....

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2013 2.5Ltd w/ EyeSight
2 Posts
Caller "unknown" - 2013 OB 2.5I w/ nav and eyesight

We have a 2013 2.5I with nav and eyesight.

I've successfully paired the phone, can receive messages, etc. However, when I have an incoming call, I am only able to see the phone number and the name is 'Unknown'. Is this by design?

I've spent time researching it and pairing/unpairing per the manual but I haven't found a solution.

·
Registered
148 Posts
We have a 2013 2.5I with nav and eyesight.

I've successfully paired the phone, can receive messages, etc. However, when I have an incoming call, I am only able to see the phone number and the name is 'Unknown'. Is this by design?

No, it is not by design, it is due to stupidity! I hate to be harsh, but you will also find you are unable to reply to a text message also. I have an iPhone5. 40 million iPhones in use, the most popular phone in the world, yet Subarau cannot collaberate with Fitjuitsu-ten to make it work properly?? Give me a break! Why is such a great vehicle a tecnological nightmare??:eek:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts