Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First Drive: 2013 Subaru Outback - Autos.ca

a few paragraphs from the end is the most detailed description I have seen so far on the 2013 suspension mods:

Another area that Subaru emphasized in their presentation was the changes to chassis and suspension components, which contribute to improved handling and ride quality. Specifically, Subaru re-engineered the front strut mount stiffness and added rear support beams and sway bar while increasing the damper rate, springs and bushings stiffness for better ride quality while also contributing to distinct improvement in handling characteristics.
The modifications yield a 40 percent reduction in body roll at the very limits (in Subaru testing), while matching the ride comfort of the Legacy sedan and other bestselling mid-size sedans as measured by body and steering vibrations. Out on the road, we weren’t presented with any challenging twisties, but the Outback handled the various surfaces we covered quietly and smoothly.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5
198 Posts
I noticed the Canada model does not have rear AC vents... I guess you don't need it in the great white north.. ehhh

That rear cargo floor cover is great... Do the 2013 US outbacks have that one? I like it!

·
Registered
2012, Outback 2.5 Premium 6-sp
15 Posts

a few paragraphs from the end is the most detailed description I have seen so far on the 2013 suspension mods:

Another area that Subaru emphasized in their presentation was the changes to chassis and suspension components, which contribute to improved handling and ride quality. Specifically, Subaru re-engineered the front strut mount stiffness and added rear support beams and sway bar while increasing the damper rate, springs and bushings stiffness for better ride quality while also contributing to distinct improvement in handling characteristics.
The modifications yield a 40 percent reduction in body roll at the very limits (in Subaru testing), while matching the ride comfort of the Legacy sedan and other bestselling mid-size sedans as measured by body and steering vibrations. Out on the road, we weren’t presented with any challenging twisties, but the Outback handled the various surfaces we covered quietly and smoothly.
Thanks for posting. I'd love to know how many suspension parts were updated and if it's possible/practical for a DIY retrofit.

·
Registered
2013 3.6R Limited
330 Posts

that's the info i was looking for!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I noticed the Canada model does not have rear AC vents... I guess you don't need it in the great white north.. ehhh

That rear cargo floor cover is great... Do the 2013 US outbacks have that one? I like it!
The rear cargo cover comes in US with AWP (All Weather Pack.).

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited 2.5 EyeSight & 2010 Legacy Premium, 2010 OB Limited (traded)
2,129 Posts
Anybody no the sway bar thickness compared to a 10?
Rear sway bar measures 16mm. They most likely just use the bar from the Legacy which is 16mm. My 2010 OB is 15mm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts