Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, just realized the dash of our 2013 outback doesn't fit properly between the window edge and the driver's side defrost vent. Its buckling and bending up in an arc, perhaps 1/4 inch from where it should be. Anyone else have this problem? I hate letting dealerships work on dashes, often end up with more rattles than solutions.

·
Registered
2007 Chrysler 300C built 5.7
396 Posts
I have it ever so slightly. A car I test drove had it worse.
I haven't seen a single car without it actually.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
interesting

very interesting. we had a 2011 and I don't recall it having this. No way I'm having the dash ripped out to fix it though. if there are a bunch, maybe that's just the way it is (though hard to believe in this day and age)

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,525 Posts
:ttiwwp:...just so we can see what you are talking about....

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well, just realized the dash of our 2013 outback doesn't fit properly between the window edge and the driver's side defrost vent. Its buckling and bending up in an arc, perhaps 1/4 inch from where it should be. Anyone else have this problem? I hate letting dealerships work on dashes, often end up with more rattles than solutions.
Post a photo.

Ron

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dash

Hi. I thought I had described the simple problem clearly enough without a picture. I'll try to take one tomorrow in the daylight and post it. thanks.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,016 Posts
If the poor fit A piller is the passenger side it could be from the Interior Illumination Kit install. I'm reaching here.

·
Registered
White 2013 Outback 3.6 Ltd with eyesight
28 Posts
Ours has this too. It's only a slight curve so i'm not too worried about it. No way am I going to let them take apart the dash for that. I'd trade this ever-so-slight defect over a dash rattle anyday.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts