Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:

I'm a first time Subaru Outback owner. I purchased a 2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium on Wednesday, August 1st. After driving the car over the weekend I noticed a strange "buzz" coming from the driver side door panel. The "buzz" sounds like a series of Morse Code taps against the panel while driving at certain speeds and on different types of roads. The "buzz" is the loudest and most consistent when traveling from 45-65 on undulating pavement. The "buzz" also occurs when going over railroad tracks and other imperfections in the road.

I brought the car into the dealership today. Initially, they thought it was the plate that the seat belt adjuster attaches on. They taped and tightened the plate. This didn't work. I left thinking it was fixed, but it wasn't.

I went back to the dealership, they had the tech come for a test drive. He surmised that it was the cables inside the panel that need to be insulated. After completion, the tech and I went on another ride and it started to rain. I thought it was fixed but, no.

I was wondering if this is a common problem in the Subaru line? I was also wondering if anyone has heard of this problem before, if so, what was the fix?

Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts