Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
white 2013 subaru outback 2.5i 6 speed manual
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has Anyone changed out their exhaust on there 2013 outback? or 2011/2012. ?

·
Registered
2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/nav/eye
366 Posts
Has Anyone changed out their exhaust on there 2013 outback? or 2011/2012. ?
i immediately did after the first day. i just couldn't stand the sedated sound. what i did was took it from the catback, and just ran it straight pipe. however, i wanted to have no clearance issues when i went muddin so i made a 90deg elbow hacksawed out the back floorboard and just ran it vertically up through the roof, and put one of those shiny chrome tips on it. looks pretty good i think, and so far no water sweepage. i used the ultra high temp silicone-red stuff.

·
Registered
'05 2.5i H4 4-Speed Auto w/Sportshift
514 Posts
:ttiwwp:
i immediately did after the first day. i just couldn't stand the sedated sound. what i did was took it from the catback, and just ran it straight pipe. however, i wanted to have no clearance issues when i went muddin so i made a 90deg elbow hacksawed out the back floorboard and just ran it vertically up through the roof, and put one of those shiny chrome tips on it. looks pretty good i think, and so far no water sweepage. i used the ultra high temp silicone-red stuff.
Must help to keep the interior heated as a "dual-purpose," eh?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Using magnaflow? Don't want to go ricer style... What are some other good brands? Sorry I'm new to all this. First car ever... Been on the k&n intake/ flowmaster 40series tip on all my lifted trucks. Don't know what sounds good on subies+ can't find any videos to sample sounds on the newer gen outbacks.. The 2.5 isn't the quietest so might as well put a muffler on for some good noise..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Put a magnaflow on the car last night. Took me about an hour and sounded great. Not very loud but gives it some character. I love it.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 2.5i Limited, EyeSight & Nav.
565 Posts
sedated sound?! you do know you are driving a 4cyl station wagon, right?! trying to make up for something? replacing the perfectly fine, brand new exhaust on a grocery getter seems pretty ridiculous to me.

·
Banned
238 Posts
sedated sound?! you do know you are driving a 4cyl station wagon, right?! trying to make up for something? replacing the perfectly fine, brand new exhaust on a grocery getter seems pretty ridiculous to me.
Would it make any difference if he was replacing brand new stock exhaust on 3.6R OB?

·
Registered
Tungsten 2017 2.5 Limited w Eyesight SOLD!
1,043 Posts
I fail to see a reason for criticism, since anyone can do what they want with THEIR car......

·
Registered
'08 Veracruz Limited
3,992 Posts
I fail to see a reason for criticism, since anyone can do what they want with THEIR car......
Hogwash. I bet the OP is on welfare and funneling all of his benefits to car mods. I'm tired of paying for it!

I don't actually believe that, but making lame and asinine assumptions and generalizations seems to be in fashion here lately.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea but your being negative. And are probably the type of person that goes on YouTube and talks *hit to people.. Welfare? Really? Nothing wrong with Customizing your car to your liking.. No need to hate on people.. I work 60
Hrs a week and go to school. If I want to put a magnaflow on my car I don't give a **** what you think. Squares.
Your not as big and important as you would like to think

·
Registered
'08 Veracruz Limited
3,992 Posts
Welfare? Really? Nothing wrong with Customizing your car to your liking.. No need to hate on people.. I work 60
Hrs a week and go to school.
Please reread my post. I was actually sticking up for you. The welfare comment was sarcasm as there's been little more than moronic and judgmental comments around here lately.

My new exhaust goes on my dinky 1.6l powered Soul tomorrow ;)

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,822 Posts
it really sucks having a car that sounds like an electric car. id like to cut off the stock muffler and have a high flow one welded on. i think the stock piping is 2.25", maybe later this year...

·
Registered
1,142 Posts

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,822 Posts
well yeah, the outback has no business being modified but its such a great car and the owners love them so why not have some fun and change a few things? not everyone has the same opinions, why can't people accept this

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited, Ice Silver, wheel arch, splash guards, bumper protector, seat back protector
34 Posts
I'm interested in what you are modding as well...came from a MINI, and while I don't expect that driving experience, a little "burble" would be nice.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts