Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited SAP
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have these improved in 2013 aside from the change for two placements of the rear cross bar? I've seen a lot of people hating on these cross bars in other threads.

I'm looking to get a cargo box and really don't feel like buying another set of feet and cross bars on top of the cost of the box.

Debating between the Thule Atlantis 1600 and Ascent 1600.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,018 Posts
The biggest complaint was the short spread between the crossbars. The 2013's have "fixed" that issue with the second rear bar position. For just a cargo box you will be fine.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Premium Manual
58 Posts
Anyone know what tool is needed to move the rear crossbar into the secondary position. I assume it tells me in the owner's manual, but I don't happen to have it with me right now.

·
Registered
84 Posts
It's an Allen wrench, but don't know the size offhand. One is provided for you in the spare tire area of your car.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5Ltd w/EyeSight
241 Posts
Hmm - I recall seeing a screwdriver in the spare tire area. Is that it?
It is indeed in that area, in the styrofoam but its not the screw driver.

Its a TORX wrench that is shaped like an Allen wrench and it has a Torque "Gauge" on it as well. It should be in the manual on how to properly use it. :29:

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Premium Manual
58 Posts
It is indeed in that area, in the styrofoam but its not the screw driver.

Its a TORX wrench that is shaped like an Allen wrench and it has a Torque "Gauge" on it as well. It should be in the manual on how to properly use it. :29:
Great! Thanks for the quick replies.

:7:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts