Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2013 OB Premium Twilight Blue
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those you that financed through subaru, what rates were available to you for 72 months?

Thanks

·
Registered
2016 Tungsten Outback 3.6R w/Eyesight. My 6th Subaru.
332 Posts
I just got 1.99% for 60 months on my 2013 Outback Limited with Chase Subaru Finance.
I did not ask about 72 months.

·
Registered
2011 OB 2.5i Prem CVT HK/AWP, Ruby Red Pearl
3,321 Posts
Also ask your CU on Re-Fi beforehand. I sold my loan the next day (no penalties) from SOA to my CU and knocked off a pt.

·
Registered
2013 Legacy Lim CVT Car: 2011 OB Prem 6MT Car: 2006 Miata GT 6MT mc: 2003 Honda GL1800A * Reunite Gondwanaland *
3,565 Posts
My CU's current rates for new cars:

60 month: 1.79%

72 month: 1.99%

In my experience, it's best to get CU financing lined up in advance,
then challenge the dealer to beat the CU rate -- NOT just match it.
Usually they can't, but occasionally they can.

Although many CUs will Re-Fi a car loan, the APR will seldom be
as good as the CU's "normal" new car loan.

·
Registered
65 Posts
BOA offered me 2.5% at 60 months. The Subaru finance people got me 1.84% through Wells Fargo. ISAA offered me around 4% and not enough to buy the car.

·
Registered
2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/nav/eye
366 Posts
wow, those are some great std rates. of course this shows the ugliness of our economy.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5
198 Posts
wow, those are some great std rates. of course this shows the ugliness of our economy.
The current 2001 OB was financed with 6.5% rate and that was decent rate back then ( if there were no manufacturer financing - and there was none). The 1.74% makes an upgrade from Premium to Limited much more doable....

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Limited w/moonroof package and Illumination Package #2 Dark Grey Metallic
67 Posts
Subaru's august finance deals are out.... 1.9% for 60 months on 2013 outbacks...

·
Registered
14 Posts
We were able to get 1.79% for 60 months through Subaru Chase financing. The back of the finance form says that there is a $75 prepay penalty if paid in full before 6 months. Then we heard that you have to pay around $75 to the DMV to update them on our financing?

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5 Premium 6mt
187 Posts
Subaru's august finance deals are out.... 1.9% for 60 months on 2013 outbacks...
Any idea what the 72 month APR is through Subaru?

The best I have been able to come up with so far for me is 3.34% for a 72 month loan. While that rate isn't that bad, it isn't that great either right now. The advantage of that loan is that it includes gap coverage which helps a little. I live in the sticks so I don't qualify for a lot of the CU's due to my location. My local CU still has higher rates.

My first brand new I car that I bought was in 2005. My interest rate was 3.9% for 60 months and that was a very good rate for that time. How times have changed...

·
Registered
187 Posts
We were able to get 1.79% for 60 months through Subaru Chase financing. The back of the finance form says that there is a $75 prepay penalty if paid in full before 6 months. Then we heard that you have to pay around $75 to the DMV to update them on our financing?
Usually DMV's charge a small fee if you have to change lien holder information. Here it is only $10. I highly doubt that a state's DMV would charge $75 just to update the lien holder.

·
Registered
2013 Legacy Lim CVT Car: 2011 OB Prem 6MT Car: 2006 Miata GT 6MT mc: 2003 Honda GL1800A * Reunite Gondwanaland *
3,565 Posts
The best I have been able to come up with so far for me is 3.34% for a 72 month loan.
Any military connections? NavyFCU.org has 72 months at 1.99%

·
Registered
187 Posts
Any military connections? NavyFCU.org has 72 months at 1.99%

Nope. Not unless I qualify for having distant cousins that serve or my ancestors that served in the revolutionary and civil war qualifies me which I highly doubt.

I found other CU's with 1.9% but I don't live in the area they require. I think I will get pre-approved for the best rate that I can and then see if the dealer can beat it. That is once I get the VIN. I'm hoping Subaru will start offering good financing on the 2013's in the month it takes for me to get the VIN.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Never finance for 72 months, you will go upside down on the loan balance vs equity.
I got 2.9 on my 48 mo loan.

·
Registered
'13 2.5Ltd w/EyeSight ::::: '02 2.5Ltd AT
95 Posts
Never finance for 72 months, you will go upside down on the loan balance vs equity.
While that might be a good rule of thumb, I have a hard time applying 'never' to every case.

Ex. 1: $10k down payment or trade
Ex. 2: 0% interest, money set aside in liquid asset
Ex. 3: Access to additional $ at future date (i.e., CD or bond matures)

Maybe most people with 72-month loans can't afford the risk of being upside down on the car, but Outback buyers as a group tend to not be like most people.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I normally would agree with you but based on my circumstances, it would either be wait until the pickup is paid off in the spring and have my wife keep driving our current car until then or sell the car now, pay off the pickup, and use the leftover from the car as the down payment. I was originally planning on waiting until spring but then it dawned on me that if I wait, I will have to put new tires on the car before winter, the battery will probably need to be replaced this winter, it would need another timing belt change, fixing whatever else goes wrong with the car, plus the lower value of the additional depreciation. Another advantage of buying a Subaru before winter is that it we wouldn't have to use the gas guzzling pickup so much during the snowy months.

I will be making extra payments so I will probably pay off the car in 5 1/2 years or less. I will be keeping the car for about 10 years so depreciation and being upside down on the loan isn't so much of a concern for me. The loan I'm looking at includes free GAP coverage. In addition, I'm not a buyer that needs to upgrade cars every 3 years so depreciation doesn't matter to me quite so much. Also, with the low depreciation rates right now, low interest rates right now, and paying a little extra each much, I won't be upside down on the loan by much (if it ever goes upside down).

I used to hate the idea of a 72 month loan but given the fact of what our current car would need and the incredibly low interest rates right now, I'm going to go for it. I would actually go for a 66 month loan if it was an option but its not (as far as I know).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts