Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the H/K non-nav in my 2013 OB Premium is pretty decent, I don't hate it. But it seems to me that it could be even better with some simple tuning. Does anyone have definitive information on "hidden" menus or other settings beyond the bass/treble/balance/fader available on the screen?

Is the amp (located under the passenger seat) adjustable at all? The front mid-bass drivers are too loud, making the overall front stage a bit "tanky" sounding. If you turn the bass down on the head unit to make the stage sound more balanced, the subwoofer in the back becomes basically useless, as you've killed the signal.

I've also seen over on the subaruforester forums that guys are pulling the rear-end sub out and building a real sub enclosure and putting in a real sub. Anyone try to do this with the H/K system in the OB?

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Limited Carbide Gray
832 Posts
I don't have a '13 so I can't comment on the hidden menus but I do know that the OEM amp is not adjustable. You can change the H/U but you will still have the variation between the front and rear speakers. You can pull the OEM sub and build a new one with a better sub but whether the new one ill sound better is determined by many factors. If you aren't too picky and don't expect too much volume you probably will be fine. If you like it loud or alot of bass I would upgrade the entire setup and do it the way you want.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts