Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Premium (currently 100% stock)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve scoured the site and other forums, and I can’t find anything that can clarify if stock functions of steering wheel buttons (answer/hang up calls; volume, scan/track; mode, etc), and the stock Aux/USB connections in the console box while also being a CarPlay unit. Can anyone steer me toward valid experience with a 2013 Outback 2.5i Premium with non-Harmon Kardon or Starlink stock unit?
Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I replaced the head unit in my wife’s’15 Outback with a Kenwood. I used a PAC adapter that allows the steering wheel functions to be used. The only thing I was not able to do was to get the factory backup camera to work. I ended up using an aftermarket backup camera.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Premium (currently 100% stock)
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did the aux and usb in the center console still function after install too?
Thanks so much for the real-world info!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes. But I needed short jumper wires from the head unit to the connectors from the center console. The stock wiring harness runs from the center console plugs to right behind where the factory head unit went. I did my Wrangler at about the same time so I can’t remember for sure which vehicle needed a female-to-female USB adapter to make that connection. I THINK it was the Jeep that needed that odd adapter but I can’t remember for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts