Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 2.5i limited
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First day here;) I have been driving a 2004 MB 320 CLK and for before that a 1986 MB 560SL....just had a baby so no more rag tops! Anyway, i always loved the look and personality of the Subarus and i just bought a 2013 2.5i limited. LOVE it except for two things which are driving me crazy. 1: The locked out nav which i now know is a fairly standard feature in new cars. Terrible. :28: My questions...will a subaru dealer HACK it for me? If not and i bring it to my old audio guy, will that void my warrantee?? what would you do? 2: Big issue with bluetooth and my iPhone 4S...the music only shows up on the bluetooth setting...NOT AS AN IPOD...which means that i have almost no control over what i play over the iPhone...can't access albums, playlists, artists, etc...it just lets me go from one song to the next. I have more control if I plug in through USB but even then i don;t have pause and overall it doesn't "feel" great.
Sorry if my questions are rambled...i will prefect my forum "form" as i gain experience. Thanks, everyone!! :29:

·
Registered
'14 3.6R Outback
2,348 Posts
I hate to say this but aftermarket Nav is better than factory Nav in my opinion (all brands). The factories are so worried about being sued they have become paranoid. If someone hacks your nav you might lose your warranty on the nav and anything attached to it via software (radio, maybe speakers). You would not lose you power-train warranty for example.

As for Bluetooth it sounds like it is working as designed. Again aftermarket has more of what you need but I'm not able to recommend anything because I'm not as familiar with apple stuff.

·
Registered
2016 Tungsten Outback 3.6R w/Eyesight. My 6th Subaru.
332 Posts
Factory NAVs have always been lacking but the NAV in the 2013 is good, very good.
As far as hacking it is concerned, there is a hack for the 2010 model but I have not heard of anyone who has tried it on the 2013 which is different. An auto stereo guy would do it for you if you supplied him with the instructions.
If you or anyone else gets their 2013 NAV hacked, please share your experience.
Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.