Subaru Outback Forums banner

Which number do you like?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Limited Outback fully loaded
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Legacy front bumper and Grille on Outback Thread.

Guys and Gals, I've been gone for a while due to work, but am back. I wanted to share with you my project! I have been talking about it for a long time and finally am almost done. I am custom building some headlights, not just blacking them out, so stay tuned for that. But I NEED YOUR HELP.

Take a look at the pictures of my new front end! isn't it beautiful?? Well I can't decide on which way to do the grill..... what are your opinions!?

I will give a detailed description of how I did it later on, but for now I MUST get this thing done!

ANOTHER important note: I also haven't put on the fog light covers, and they are chrome. This could potentially change your vote. See attached 2nd picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first picture is my outback mate. With 8 pics in one. Notice the roof rails :)

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,017 Posts
With everything else blacked out you gotta go with 1 or 7. Not a fan of black out but I vote #7

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
With everything else blacked out you gotta go with 1 or 7. Not a fan of black out but I vote #7
me too # 7 .... no need to polish anything there anymore...alltough some bugs may be diffilcult to remove, if they are not cleaned right away...

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5 CVT premium with sunroof
120 Posts
The first picture is my outback mate. With 8 pics in one. Notice the roof rails :)
Ok, I didn't notice that, but would like to see a 3/4 view shot. I'm sure many other here would like to see that too. :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, Hopefully more will pitch in. I agree with #7, but at the same time, those chrome ringed fog lights would really be out of place. At the same time, I don't really want to black them out too.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok here are pictures / photoshopped with the foglights and leds installed in the headlights, to give a better idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
I voted for 5 at first but I actually like two the best... that car has a bit of swagger to it which is why I say keep a little chrome.

·
Registered
2012 Ouback 2.5 CVT
417 Posts
Either numbers 7 or 8, I would have to see them in person to make a final decision. But I'm leaning towards # 8 for some reason. I think it's because I wouldn't want it to look ricey or whatever. lol

With the round chrome around the fogs plus the round emblem, number 7 looks perfect with it from here. Not sure how it would look in person tho.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,017 Posts
Thanks guys, Hopefully more will pitch in. I agree with #7, but at the same time, those chrome ringed fog lights would really be out of place. At the same time, I don't really want to black them out too.
Now that I see the shopped pictures I'm still #7 but #8 is right there. In a couple of days it might be #8.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guys thanks SO much for your input. It really helps to hear opinions and get my thoughts going. Look out for my custom headlight thread, coming up today. You'll love it! ( I hope...) Here are a few pics of my fog light surrounds I just finished.

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 OB 2.5i Prem CVT HK/AWP, Ruby Red Pearl
3,322 Posts
#8 for me, with the caveat on clear HL lenses (smoked HLs are ticket magnets).<O:p</O:p
Although I’m not a fan, #7 for smoked lenses + blacked out.<O:p</O:p
Nice front/body work, regardless.<O:p</O:p

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Gasguzz. MY lights won't be smoked. I hate that too. They are JDM style black housings inside. Clear lenses though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts