Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT/2019 Outback when I have to
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're used to using our GARMIN by plugging in the latitude and longitude and having the GPS go to those coordinates. I just got our new 13 and can't for the life of me figure out if that functionality is available on this machine.

YES WE ARE GEOCACHERS, in case you wonder what we're doing.

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5 i Premium
474 Posts
I can't think of any auto GPS that will allow you to punch in coordinates. Stick to the Garmin.

·
Registered
2000 Outback Limited, Dual Range 5 Speed
906 Posts
Snap, love geocaching did you get your icon on the 18th.

Sorry cant help with the nav.

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Outback (soon a 2013)
33 Posts
You are in luck - I was just playing around with the NAV on my new 2013 Outback and you can put in Coordinates. Here's how:

From the Home Nav Screen (3 big buttons)
Go to Destination
Select the More button on the bottom of the screen
Select the Coordinate option (only option)
Enter your coordinates

Other options, under the more button the coordinate entry screen you can switch between UTM and Lat/Lon. Also, if you go to Units/Formats, then scroll down a page, you can change the coordinate display format between DD.DDDDD, DD MM.MMM, and DD MM SS.S

Hope this helps!

Rich

·
Registered
2000 Outback Limited, Dual Range 5 Speed
906 Posts
Haven't got our yet, sent a support email, just got a reply saying they know there is an issue, as we live in aus our log dates appear a day earlier then we logged them.

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT/2019 Outback when I have to
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Worked perfectly. Thanks for the help

You are in luck - I was just playing around with the NAV on my new 2013 Outback and you can put in Coordinates. Here's how:

From the Home Nav Screen (3 big buttons)
Go to Destination
Select the More button on the bottom of the screen
Select the Coordinate option (only option)
Enter your coordinates

Other options, under the more button the coordinate entry screen you can switch between UTM and Lat/Lon. Also, if you go to Units/Formats, then scroll down a page, you can change the coordinate display format between DD.DDDDD, DD MM.MMM, and DD MM SS.S

Hope this helps!

Rich

1 - 7 of 7 Posts