Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Limited w/ EyeSight
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This does not seem to get us any closer to unlocking the nav features while driving, but you can adjust the backup camera settings in this mode.

Use at your own risk, if you hose the settings and back in to something, that's on you...

To enter line diag mode:

With the car running (or at least the key in a position that turns on the radio) press the power button on the radio.

Hold the "Audio" and "Display" buttons down and then press the "Map" button for 3 seconds

To exit this mode:

Press and hold the "Audio" button for 3 seconds or turn the ignition off.

While in this mode, I strongly suggest you avoid the urge to press the "Speaker Check" button unless you have ear plugs in.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
What adjustment of the backup camera you are trying to get, may I ask? My camera works fine and does not need any adjustments....

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT, 2013 Outback Lim SAP 270K, 2003 Outback Lim MT 2.5L, 241K..
2,182 Posts
This does not seem to get us any closer to unlocking the nav features while driving, but you can adjust the backup camera settings in this mode.

Use at your own risk, if you hose the settings and back in to something, that's on you...

To enter line diag mode:

With the car running (or at least the key in a position that turns on the radio) press the power button on the radio.

Hold the "Audio" and "Display" buttons down and then press the "Map" button for 3 seconds

To exit this mode:

Press and hold the "Audio" button for 3 seconds or turn the ignition off.

While in this mode, I strongly suggest you avoid the urge to press the "Speaker Check" button unless you have ear plugs in.
haha - I work in a post production mixing studio and start every morning with a loud blast of pink noise (sounds somewhere between static and thunder) to test out the speakers in the room. Im guessing this is what the speakers blast out in the car? or is it a specific frequency tone?

Anyway - so what ALL does one get with this menu? What settings for camera, audio, ete can one adjust?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was not trying to change any settings, I am still trying to figure out how to bypass the safety lockouts on the nav. A friend who repairs stereos for a living in SoCal emailed me these steps in case there was something in there that would help with the bypass.

It appears that you can adjust the angle of the picture that is displayed on the screen along with the ability to adjust the distance lines on the unit. I may adjust the distance lines for my bike rack at some point but I did not make any changes at this point.

The "Speaker Check" did not play white noise, it played the FM radio at full blast from speaker to speaker.

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT, 2013 Outback Lim SAP 270K, 2003 Outback Lim MT 2.5L, 241K..
2,182 Posts
I was not trying to change any settings, I am still trying to figure out how to bypass the safety lockouts on the nav. A friend who repairs stereos for a living in SoCal emailed me these steps in case there was something in there that would help with the bypass.

It appears that you can adjust the angle of the picture that is displayed on the screen along with the ability to adjust the distance lines on the unit. I may adjust the distance lines for my bike rack at some point but I did not make any changes at this point.

The "Speaker Check" did not play white noise, it played the FM radio at full blast from speaker to speaker.
Does this guy have any idea how to get into any audio adjustments on the Harmon Kardon unit on the 2013 limited? Like to get to the loudness setting or any base eq curves like the premium stereos have through the "secret" menu?

I am REALLY unhappy with the sound in the 2013 SAP limited and would like to know if there are any hidden adjustments in the stereo. there MUST be at least a loudness setting somewhere and possibly others.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There was nothing about loudness in any of the documents he has been able to source.

·
Registered
2014 Outback 2.5 Ltd with Nav, Eyesite, loaded.
148 Posts
The 2013 navi unit is also sold in Australia. here is what one person said about unlocking the unit:

There is a wire on the back of the deck called a handbrake wire. It needs to see power AFTER ignition has been triggered and then earth. It’ll then assume the handbrake is up.

Can someone try this?

·
Registered
2014 Subaru Legacy 3.6R, Venetian Red Pearl, EyeSight.
96 Posts
First off, my apologies for bumping an old thread.

I was adjusting my backup camera lines via the diagnostic screen and noticed "REV" under the "Vehicle Signal Check" heading. Mine is showing off and I'm wondering if anyone knows what this is. My hunch is it's the rev limiter which would only be activated at or near redline. Am I correct in thinking this? I baby my car and would rather not engage the rev limiter haha.

TIA for any help! I'm a curious guy haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts