Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i, Nav System and Eyesight
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The voice that provides turning directions has turned off for some reason. It was working originally, but today when switched to Map and selected a destination, the route was displayed, visual turning directions were displayed, but no voice! I'm not sure what I did to make her go away. Can anyone help?
:confused:

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
The voice that provides turning directions has turned off for some reason. It was working originally, but today when switched to Map and selected a destination, the route was displayed, visual turning directions were displayed, but no voice! I'm not sure what I did to make her go away. Can anyone help?
Read the manual that came with NAV - yes, there is a way to adjust volume up or down....

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
Wow you get the award for shutting her up!! Every guy is going to be asking how you managed that trick?

Oh wait this the NAV not the wife right? Bummer thought maybe we had a break through in the whole Male Female communication thing. LOL

Try volume

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6R Special Apperance Package
13 Posts
I personlly prefer the voice nav to be silent. I'd rather look at the nav screen and observe what the next manuever is. It's personal choice, I don't need another female telling me what to do. :)

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
I personlly prefer the voice nav to be silent. I'd rather look at the nav screen and observe what the next manuever is. It's personal choice, I don't need another female telling me what to do. :)
Same here ... the NAV screen is there as a conversation piece for fellow passengers...

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i, Nav System and Eyesight
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, I did read the owners manual, and I know about the volume control. The loss of voice is an infrequent random event that I cannot duplicate. The only thing I can correlate is that has happened twice after I a made a blue-tooth phone call using voice command, the turned on Map, but I've tried to duplicate it without success.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same here....

Actually, I did read the owners manual, and I know about the volume control. The loss of voice is an infrequent random event that I cannot duplicate. The only thing I can correlate is that has happened twice after I a made a blue-tooth phone call using voice command, the turned on Map, but I've tried to duplicate it without success.
And believe me, I've been all over that manual. Its a freak occurence, and don't get me started on the volume control. It will be fine, then all of a sudden the next instruction is SCREAMED at me. Why, oh why, couldn't they have put a Garmin GPS into the dash ??? I am fighting the desire to give up and just use my Garmin. I hate having spent the extra $$$ for the special appearance package, then not use the navigation.

·
Registered
2014 Outback 2.5 Ltd with Nav, Eyesite, loaded.
148 Posts
Navi

I couldn't agree more. My Garmin is simple, intuitive, has lifetime free map updates, traffic, doesn't black out any features when it is moving, and cost $175 at Best Buy. I like the integrated features, the large built in screen, but why is it so difficult to do that? Subaru is just way behind in technology. They need to hire someone who is a true tecnophile and let them have at it! I buy my cars on the theory that any vehicle will get me where I need to go, some better than others, some with more luxury than others, but technology is an absolute MUST!

If you take away the technology, a horse and buggy would do.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have also had the issue with the voice directions just randomly quitting during a trip. The only way I've been able to get it back is to clear out the route and start over.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Same thing happened to me this morning. No voice. I have a 2013 Outback and the Nav system has been great up until this morning. Does it come back on its own or is there another solution?

·
Registered
'13 Outback Limited 2.5i, Venetian Red Pearl w/Wheel arch moldings, EyeSight, Nav, Moonroof, Puddle lights, Remote start
267 Posts
Same thing happened to me this morning. No voice. I have a 2013 Outback and the Nav system has been great up until this morning. Does it come back on its own or is there another solution?
You can't do this when the car is moving, but if the guidance voice is permanently missing and you're sure the volume hasn't been turned down to zero in the menu, then I would try selecting a different voice in the setup.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts