Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yes. Mine can be too slow sometimes when there are a series of turns close together. I have missed turns because of this.
The CPU is slow. Also, there is often a delay after pressing things on the screen.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My TomTom portable unit is very quick with clear guidance instructions. Does anyone know if there's an update to speed things up?

·
Registered
4 Posts
slow nav on 13 Outback

I too have a very slow Navigation system. I am making the turns or already past my turn when the system tells me to do so. This is a brand new car and I have not been outside my area yet but I would hate to see it in action where I am depending on it in an unknown area. As far as I am concerned this is an $1800 option that is not working any different then if my moonroof didn't open. We need to put pressure on Subaru that this is not "just the way it is". As far as I am concerned this is an added option-accessory that is NOT working. :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hear subarus sold in certain Red States get a slower NAV system to account for the end user.

LOL

Grabs hat - leaving now.
Too funny SubieSailor! Did you have to politicize the GPS though? :drama:
(Although my Outback proudly wears support magnets/decals for our current administration.) :2cents:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for all the useful information. Especially when WI is predominately a Blue State and WOULD possibly account for the slow response to correct information.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update...

I spoke to the service manager at my dealer (Subaru of Las Vegas) and his reply back from SOA is that they're aware of the problem...but as of yet, do not have a fix. If you're having slow GPS response times for a 2013 (Fujitsu) unit, please let your dealer know...as the more problems reported equals faster fix from SOA/Fujitsu.

-Gary

·
Registered
148 Posts
I am still looking for someone to figure out a hack so the system can be fully functional while the vehicle is in motion! I really need this badly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
subiesailor
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing