Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been so upset with my 2011 navi, that I decided to trade the vehicle for a 2013 with the new micro-chip navi system. I sat at the dealers and played with one for quite a while. It is 10,000 better than my 2011.

I observed that it tells you how much fuel you will use going from one place to another. It now has altitude. you can speak an address or use the touch screen. I am really dying to try out one feature: You can enter a zip code and then the four subsequent numbers. I am confirming the extra four numbers are unique to a specific address, and that would be all you need to set a destination. It loads much faster and gives you 5 choices of routes including automatic avoidance. Traffic is now buiilt in. No info on upgrades yet or if any micro-chip upgrade will work. They did away with the ability to enter a phone number. (At least I could not find it).

So.......we need a hack to make all the functions work. I would also like to know if this is another Kenwood product?? If so, is the hack identical from 2011-12??

I should be getting my 3.6 limitted in about three days.

·
Registered
832 Posts
If I am not mistaken someone else (Harvey I think) verified that the Fujitsu Ten is the manufacturer for the nav units. The Premium and Limited have a Clarion and Panasonic radio, respectively.

The hack probably would work but the wiring from the '10 and '11 is different from the '12 and '13 models. Therefore the old version of the hack should be used with extreme caution.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 2013 limited 3.6R has a Harmon Kardon 440 Watt radio and a Fujitsu Ten Navi. I would not try the old hack until a techie here verified it. I would really like to find out how to add the 4 digit extension to zip codes, as they will take you to one specific place! The system only allows 5 digits. The navi is so much better it was worth the trade! The bluetooth also seems to be more sophisticated and has a slider for mike sensitivity adjustment. They did away with phone number search for a destination. I also no longer see all the highway exits listed and that one I will really miss. I am still playing with it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
WOAYERS
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing