Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received my Canvasback liner today and decided to install it immediately as I will be transporting some left over Tacoma parts tomorrow. I am very pleased with the quality and fit of the liner. I installed OEM seat backer two days ago but after seeing this liner, I removed them. I like the liner better than the OEM seat protectors. Go Figure. I also removed the stock cargo tray as it is no longer needed.
The Canvasback liner secures to the vehicle carpeting using velcro tabs. Once set into position, it is not moving.

$179 with side pieces. You definitely get what you pay for.

Bella and Abby approved and Highly Recommended by their Daddy!

·
Registered
2016 Outback Ltd 2.5 eyesight Nav push button Hole in roof, Lapis Blue
737 Posts
Now you need a protector to keep the protector clean,, lol :D

But I ask does it have zippers between the seats,? and for access to the spare compartment?? Is this a Subaru of after market part?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^^ Yes, Zipper between the seats, and access (split, no zipper)to storage compartment. It is made by Canvasback.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,018 Posts
I'm glad I got mine before the seat back protectors were available or I would have dumped them like you did. I like the color, it looks nice with black interior. I got black when I had Ivory interior. I didn't want a third color. I still use the cargo tray when the seats are up and the pups might be wet. They do make a great product. Congrats. P.S.- The one on the right looks just a wee bit guilty for something.:D

·
Registered
2011 2.5i CVT PZEV Dark Blue
120 Posts
The velcro really mucks up the carpet when you raise/lower the storage compartment cover to get to the spare tire. Other than that, I like mine too.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
^^^^^Even with the zippers??

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine is split around the storage compartment. No need to remove the liner. Maybe they changed that.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Premium
232 Posts
Received my Canvasback liner today and decided to install it immediately as I will be transporting some left over Tacoma parts tomorrow. I am very pleased with the quality and fit of the liner. I installed OEM seat backer two days ago but after seeing this liner, I removed them. I like the liner better than the OEM seat protectors. Go Figure. I also removed the stock cargo tray as it is no longer needed.
The Canvasback liner secures to the vehicle carpeting using velcro tabs. Once set into position, it is not moving.

$179 with side pieces. You definitely get what you pay for.

Bella and Abby approved and Highly Recommended by their Daddy!
Nice cover. I see you have two big dogs, what do you do to keep them from the front seats and secure them in the back. I have a similar situation (Rottweiler and Black & Tan **** Hound), and the B & T always sneaks onto the drivers seat when I leave them alone in the car for a few minutes.
It also would be nice to have something behind the front seats to keep the dogs from becoming projectiles when emergency stops need to be made.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what do you do to keep them from the front seats and secure them in the back.
I have the ZooKeeper that I bought off of amazon a few years ago. It keep them in the back but it would not do diddly in an accident. I am still searching for the perfect solution. I would like something secure like the OEM version but mounts be hind the front seats with the rear seats folded down. More space for the dogs.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Mine is split around the storage compartment. No need to remove the liner. Maybe they changed that.
Yep, the zippers are the change. Early versions you had to "rip" up the velcro to access the spare. PIA. The velcro they use is very aggressive.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5 Premium
515 Posts
You might want to try adding one of these seat extenders that would keep your dogs from falling into the space behind the front seats. I use the Extend-a-Seat for adding about a foot in bed length to folded down seats. They need to attach with straps to the front seats. Others are bolsters that don't need the straps, but you'd lose storage space underneath. Here's some examples:

Amazon.com: dog seat extender

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5 Premium
515 Posts
Hey, where did you get this from anyway? Who makes it?

Any good lead on a rear seat cover or 'hammock' custom fit to Outback?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the info on filling the gap. I was trying to address that. The product is made by Canvasback.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Canvasbacks are great! We have a set in the Ford Flex. Three years of hard use and they still look like new. They are expensive but worth it.

·
Registered
2013 Outback, 2.5i Limited w/ Moonroof
1,540 Posts
Now you need a protector to keep the protector clean,, lol :D

But I ask does it have zippers between the seats,? and for access to the spare compartment?? Is this a Subaru of after market part?
Kind of reminds me of back in the '60's and '70's when people would cover their couches with a couch cover, or clear plastic. Remember the episode of Everybody Loves Raymond, when they convinced Marie to take the plastic cover off her couch? Too funny.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Premium
232 Posts
I have the ZooKeeper that I bought off of amazon a few years ago. It keep them in the back but it would not do diddly in an accident. I am still searching for the perfect solution. I would like something secure like the OEM version but mounts be hind the front seats with the rear seats folded down. More space for the dogs.
Thanks for the info on the ZooKeeper. I t is not perfect, but better than nothing.

I have one of those barriers that extend against the headliner and the floor, but they are just useless in a modern car because of the soft headliner. You never get them fit tight enough to stay in place securely. Lot's of money for something that doesn't work!

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5 Premium
515 Posts
Some of the bolster models may not be tall enough with seatbacks down. Maybe tall enough for your needs.

·
Registered
2013 3.6 White SAP
121 Posts
A canvasback is a must have for dogs.

To keep our dog where she belongs. I took a short length of rope and clipped it to the tiedown rings in the back using utility hooks (keep it tight). I used a very short length on a steel ring on one end and a utility hook on the other. The ring slides nicely on the rope clipped to the tiedowns and I clip the other end to the harness our dog always wears when go out. Whether or not this will prevent her from becoming a projectile I don't know and I hope I don't find out.

·
Registered
2011 OB 2.5i limited
212 Posts
I just installed one in my '11... Purchased from AutoAnything. It has a zipper b/w the split seats, but does NOT have a zipper for the spare compartment. It is split so that the compartment opens w/o undoing any of the velcro, but there's just no zipper.

Is that odd?

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
I have the cargo tray and Wet Okole seat covers, so I'm covered well, but this looks like a great option - especially if one has woofers :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts