Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if just my OB has a problem or it is "Normal":

Anyway, when I turn on AC, set fan speed with two clicks (3 bars for fan speed). If the mode is Air To Upper Body, it is still quiet. But if I change the mode to Air to Feet & Upper Body, it become quite noisy, even worse than the mode to Leg & Windshield.

Your comments are appreciated before I drive back to my dealer for a check.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
If you engage "auto" climate mode (A/C is on), the fan moves at different speeds at different "modes". That is normal. Remember that the temp sensor is near windshield on passenger side. That spot is typically hottest in the car. If you want to control the fan and keep it at constant speed, among other things, you can disengage the "auto" mode and then you can keep the instant fan speed at diffrent modes by controlling the fan up and down buttons. You can also override the fan speed at "auto" mode (by moving fan arrow button up or down) but it will eventually reverse into "auto" speed after a while.
Update: To disengage "auto" mode, fiddle with the mode buton/fans directed at footwell and chest until the "auto" display disapears from the display. Then you can control fan speeds in dual and single modes....and it will stay "put" in selected speed!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts