Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded in my 2010 limited (NO nav)for a 2013 limited SAP with Nav and to this point I feel I took ten steps backwards with the hands free setup and calling feature. The 2010 model let me enter my phonebook by voice, stating the number and referenced name and then the progam would restate the entry and ask me to confirm -worked well. To make a call I would say dial by name, state the name and bingo.

The 2013 program with NAV downloaded my phonebook into the system via bluetooth quite nicely I might add, but the voice command modual not only requires that a say handsfree after I push the hand free button but the little lady in my dash doesn;t recognize but about 5% of my phonebook names when I state them. The other 95 % she gets wrong or says they arn't in the phonebook. Am I missing something or is this just a $1500 joke of a system. Does anyone out there have a success story here or am I stuck saying the ten digits or using speed dial. Why doers this system even give the option to dial by name if it doesn't work. Is there another way to enter the names? What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Carl
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE: Hands free struggles

For some reason the program all of a sudden decided that it recognizes my words and has brought up each of ten consecutive call "name" tries without an error. Not sure why the little girl in the dash decided she could interpret me but she is doing well. I sure wish I didn't have to say hands free after pushing the hands free switch - seems redundent - but I can live with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Haha. My 2013 OB did pretty much the same thing. Wouldn't recognize a single name I said. I removed the contacts, then retransfered them and everything was fine. There is at least one name in my contacts where it still doesn't recognize unless I say his last name first. Sort of weird but suggests that it's good to have the contact's entire info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Funny, I thought I was the only one frustrated at the handsfree option- speaking louder and louder until I just stop and give up. I'll try to delete the address book and will try and redownload them in.


Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
hmorse
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing
Top