Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the 2 numbers posted on the Navigation screen direction display means. These numbers appear on either side of the "N", "S", "E", "W", indicators at the very top of the screen when a destination is not set. I've seen these numbers range from single digits to high 3 digits (700-800). Although they appear in many places in the Navigation manual (e.g. on page 93 their values are 391 and 392), I can't find a description of what this means. I appreciate all responses.

·
Registered
42 Posts
G'day JillBuddy,

Not sure which SatNav unit you have installed but have an Eclipse unit in my Outback and those numbers indicate the house/building numbers on the left and right side of the road as your drive by.

Oldfella

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How many different Nav systems are available on a new 2013 Outback? I didn't know there was more than one. I don't see any brand attached to the one I have. How can I tell which one I have? I'll check out the house number theory. Thanks.

·
Registered
717 Posts
If you want a good laugh, look at the actual house numbers as you go by and see how hopelessly far off the navigation is. It's comical how inaccurate the readout is. The '13 navigation system will get me to the general vicinity, but the specific house numbers are way off on mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
8 Participants
tlc4texas
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing