Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car has 3k miles on it, and i notice a rattle coming from front passenger side, when i go over bumps. anyone else get that? wondering if dealershipmhad to take off a panel or something when troubleshooting a moonroof problem

·
Registered
2013 OB Limited, 2.5 w/Moonroof
163 Posts
FWIW, check the things you've put in the car first. Especially check inside the glovebox for hard items that are touching the plastic directly on the sides of the box. I wrap things like my tire gauge in a piece of soft rubber shelf liner to keep 'em from rattling. You might also want to see if the cabin air filter is securely in position as well while you're at it.

Even still, I am troubleshooting a similar small rattle / vibration right now myself... I rearranged a flashlight and some things in the glove box last night when I got home so no idea yet if that was it or not.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had a similar "rattle" in our 2012 OB. Turned out to be the metal tab on the seatbelt/shoulder strap resting against the plastic trim cover when the seatbelt is not in use. Hitting bumps made the tab bang against the plastic and it sounded like a rattle around the window. After pointing the tab down, the "rattle" went away.

·
Registered
2011 Outback 2.5i Premium CVT PZEV
225 Posts
Could it be the visor extender on the passenger side? That's what makes the noise in my OB...

·
Registered
2012 2.5i premium AWP sunroof, ice silver metallic
93 Posts
I was going to suggest checking the visor extender too. I saw someone else mention it on here & turned out that was my problem, except it was the driver's side one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts