Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi anyone have fuses blow out for their power windows on their 2013 OB not too long after acquiring the car? my 2013 OB is only 3 months old, and the rear driver side window already doesn't work. I'm gonna check the fuse after work today ( need to buy a fuse puller).

·
Registered
2013 OB 2.5i Premium/DDD Graphite Gray Metallic OP#2 Weathertec Window Deflectors
405 Posts
There should be a fuse puller inside your cover.

Are you sure the window lock switch isn't on, on the drivers side.

·
Registered
'08 Veracruz Limited
3,992 Posts
Hi anyone have fuses blow out for their power windows on their 2013 OB not too long after acquiring the car? my 2013 OB is only 3 months old, and the rear driver side window already doesn't work. I'm gonna check the fuse after work today ( need to buy a fuse puller).
Doubt it's a fuse as each window doesn't have a separate fuse. Check that the window lock isn't on as mentioned above. After that, time to pull out the test light (or, even better, off to the dealer for warranty work).

·
Registered
'11 Outback 2.5i CVT - '06 Forester X 5MT
1,766 Posts
^ what he said.

Also, do the child safety locks affect the operation of the windows? Make sure they ddin't accidentally get switched on. It's a little slide switch on the door.

·
Registered
18,173 Posts
The child safety locks are mechanical and are related only to the door latch mechanism. They don't have anything to do with the windows.

If it's not the window lock, then bring it to the dealer. As noted, it's not a fuse if the other windows work. Don't bother with trying to trouble shoot it yourself. Back to the dealer.

Let us know what transpires . . .

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
That is funny; I had the same problem - the window would not close all the way up.
I pulled it up, while the motor was pushing it up - several times - and after about 10 - 15 movements, it was OK again and I never had that problem anymore. It just needed excercise... LOL

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
Fuse puller (2013 OB) is in th engine compartment fuse box - not inside the car fuse box!

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
Correction - my "lazy" window was the driver's side FRONT window. Something must have gotten into the windows raising/lowering assembly mechanism (I am assuming some plastic or water/moisture proofing material that is typically between the door panel and door skin/frame). My next thing would have been to remove the inside door panel and look, what was causing this problem. But I did not have to do it - a couple of up and down window movements took care of it....never had problem ever since!

·
Registered
2014 2.5 Outback Premium CVT 72,000 mi (previous: 2012 OB 2.5 base 6-MT, totaled at 73,532mi)
534 Posts
Correction - my "lazy" window was the driver's side FRONT window. Something must have gotten into the windows raising/lowering assembly mechanism (I am assuming some plastic or water/moisture proofing material that is typically between the door panel and door skin/frame). My next thing would have been to remove the inside door panel and look, what was causing this problem. But I did not have to do it - a couple of up and down window movements took care of it....never had problem ever since!
Why would you bother taking off the door panel?
Just have the dealer do it, it's still under warranty, and you might break something, which would not be covered. I've never taken off a door panel without at least cracking a clip.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so pulled the fuse it's fine. i should have been more clear that the driver switch for the rear window, and the switch in the rear window both do not open/close the rear window. I guess i need to make an appt w/ dealer to have it looked at.

and the fuse puller is in the engine bay fuse box..

·
Registered
2013 OB 2.5i Premium/DDD Graphite Gray Metallic OP#2 Weathertec Window Deflectors
405 Posts
Lets be clear, we have a power window lock button next to the power door lock button, did you try that? If that button is activated the only window goes down is the driver's, you could have bump it. Its for safety.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
DieselOX
Not everybody has the dealer around the corner... not all dealers take care of things when you walk in ... not everybody has time to leave the car at the dealer....
That is why!
When the car is new, door panel clips usually do not break, if you know, where they are....never had that problem using the proper prying plastic tools....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts