Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013 & 2014 Outback
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took delivery 4 wks ago and have 575 miles on the car. The passengers seat perhaps has 10 hrs on it. I noticed the edge of the seat toward the passengers door is starting to fray on the entire edge where its sewn together. Anyone else have this issue and if so did you talk to your dealership about it?

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5i All-Weather+Moonroof Venetian Red Pearl W/ Ivory Coth
572 Posts
No issues on the fabric, but the plastic shroud around the drivers side power seat controls "comes off" and is not set in place very well

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Limited
34 Posts
No issues on the fabric, but the plastic shroud around the drivers side power seat controls "comes off" and is not set in place very well
Had this exact same issue about an hour after taking delivery! :p It caught on my leg when trying to get out and came halfway off.

·
Registered
2002 Outback 2.5
37 Posts
Just took a trip from texas to ark and back. LOTS of fit and finish issues... Radio grills that dont sit flush, other interior pieces that arent flush, pieces that arent designed to stay put very securely, poor choice of materials in places etc. All in all the 02 was a MUCH better put together auto.

Had this exact same issue about an hour after taking delivery! :p It caught on my leg when trying to get out and came halfway off.

·
Registered
2013 & 2014 Outback
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes mine did the same thing. Car was less that a week old. Wife was the only one who rode there twice. I have been keeping an eye on it and it doesn't seem to have gotten worse. My wife sews and has a little lint shaver. It cuts the little threads after she sews something. I was thinking about trying it and see what happens.

Lets keep this thread going because the wife has a 2011 OB which has different cloth. Those seats look perfect after 1.5 years

·
Registered
2002 Outback 2.5
37 Posts
Also the door material immediately below the window on the driver's door is too soft. I cannot be the only one that drives with my left hand and places my left elbow there. This is the ONLY vehicle I have ever had where the material is so soft that there is a nice dent in the material exactly where my elbow lies.

The hard plastic material on the front seat abcks and on the door "storage' areas scratch very easily. Be very careful what you place against them.

I am sure there is yet more I haven't noticed.

I would expect more from a 28-30K vehicle.

My company Dodge Ram has none of these issues.... that vehicle does have a retarded and practically unuseful placement of the air vents though.

Oh yeay on day 1 I noticed a defect in the finish of the carpet right in the passenger back seat floor area right between seats. About pea sized where the carpet looks nappy or knatted or whatever. I did not report thinking at the time it was the only issue with the vehicle.

Unfortunately i dont think any of these issues will get much sympathy so i just convinced that there's a world of difference between 2012 and 2002 quality. It is starting to appear in enthusiast level bicycles as well.

PS---one has to semi-carefully exit the vehicle--scrape your heel in the wrong place and the entire plastic strip on the door ledge is likely to detach--and oh yes--where it snaps in--it does not snap back in with a satisfying snap or clunk.

Another---I know lots dont take it through a wand car wash--but this fault probably exists immediately after a good rain as well.....open the car doors or hatch and watch some water run inside----poor water flow channeling around doors/hatch.

It may sound like I dont like this car but i do...just sort of a disappointment in what's provided for the $$.

Just took a trip from texas to ark and back. LOTS of fit and finish issues... Radio grills that dont sit flush, other interior pieces that arent flush, pieces that arent designed to stay put very securely, poor choice of materials in places etc. All in all the 02 was a MUCH better put together auto.

·
Registered
'11 OB Premium 2.5 CVT Sky Blue
67 Posts
Yes mine did the same thing. Car was less that a week old. Wife was the only one who rode there twice. I have been keeping an eye on it and it doesn't seem to have gotten worse. My wife sews and has a little lint shaver. It cuts the little threads after she sews something. I was thinking about trying it and see what happens.

Lets keep this thread going because the wife has a 2011 OB which has different cloth. Those seats look perfect after 1.5 years
My wife also has a 2011 Premium w/black cloth. Driver's seat at exit on seatback bolster is frayed, the airbag tag is worn also. 2 years old, 23K miles. I haven't read past this entry but I'm going to persue it w/dealer.

·
Registered
2013 OB 3.6R Satin White Pearl
224 Posts

I noticed the edge of my seat looking frayed within the first week. I thought maybe I was just OCD but will mention it when I go in for my 3000 mile oil change.
Anyone else?
I will try to add a picture soon and suggest we all do that.

·
Registered
2013 Outback, 2.5, CVT
6 Posts
Outback 2013, seat not frayed yet, but it's very squeaking (the foam inside)......asked the dealer to repair it once already. Got a temporary fix, which didn't work.......anybody has the same issue? Also there are some creases in the cushion's fabric :-(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts